• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

VIDEO: Phil Smitten With Pinehurst No. 2

Dogfish Head

Staff member
TEA is my HERO
Apr 8, 2012
Huntsville, AL
Country
United States United States
PHIL MICKELSON IS IN MEMPHIS THIS WEEK trying to find some game before he heads to Pinehurst for the 114th U.S. Open. Mickelson has no top tens in 13 starts this season. In addition, he has been dogged in recent days by allegations of insider trading. Mickelson has professed his innocence.

In the above video, after walking off the 18th green, Lefty professed his love for Pinehurst No. 2.

"I think everybody loves it," he said about the Bill Coore-Ben Crenshaw restoration of the famed Donald Ross design.

Today, in advance of the FedEx St. Jude Classic and as quoted by GolfChannel.com's Ryan Lavner, Mickelson expressed confidence in his ability to compete on the long and tricky layout. No surprise there, I suppose.

"Not many people are going to hit greens," Phil said. "But I liked it, because short game became a factor. If we all miss every green, I feel like I've got the best chance."

If we've learned anything by this late stage of Mickelson's career, it might be don't count him out. After all, who thought he had a chance at Muirfield last July? And now his name is etched on the Claret Jug.

Source: VIDEO: Phil Smitten With Pinehurst No. 2

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.