• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Views from Portstewart in January 2008

IrishGolfer

Fac ut gaudeam
Supporting Member
Sep 1, 2004
I went for a walk with my 5 year old son. It was a beautifully bright and crisp day, recovering from a hard frost the previopus night. We reached the highest point on the course, a massive dune hill to the left of the 2nd hole.

Pic one: a view of the 1st tee and the town in the background. The green is behind that dune on the left.

Pic two: When the river (left) meets the sea (right). You can make out the ice on the tees of the 3rd, which is a par three with the green on the right.

Pic three: 2nd fairway with the tee behind the mound.

Pic four: the river side of the course. Middle of the picture is the 10th running left to right. Beyond that is the 14th running right to left and beyond that is Portstewart's 2nd course, the Riverside Course
P1110189.jpg
P1110192.jpg
P1110194.jpg
P1110197.jpg

The master

Oct 24, 2004
Picturesque - I have had the pleasure of this golf course, I would recommend it to anyone doing a golfing trip of Ireland.

Wi-Golfer

Golfer on hiatus.
Supporting Member
Jul 25, 2007
Madison, Wi
Country
United States United States
Now that's a links course, sure makes the lame assed ones we have here look horrible.

OP
IrishGolfer

IrishGolfer

Fac ut gaudeam
Supporting Member
Sep 1, 2004
More pics of The Port

Here's a few of the back 9 of Portstewart taken last week. I took a day off and played 9 holes with my (pregnant) wife!! It was a bit frosty to begin with but the sun broke out and by the end I was playing in a short sleeved shirt. What a gorgeous day it was.
P2130205.JPG
P2130206.JPG
P2130207.JPG
P2130208.JPG

OP
IrishGolfer

IrishGolfer

Fac ut gaudeam
Supporting Member
Sep 1, 2004
And some more...

I especially like the 2nd shot with the barge in the background. This is a scrap barge that comes each week into Coleraine (about 3 miles away) via the River Bann. Interesting backdrop, eh?
P2130209.JPG
P2130210.JPG
P2130211.JPG

Stanters

Trinket King
Aug 13, 2006
God's own country IG, just beautiful.

Very lucky to be playing there - it looks a great course.

ManchesterGolfer

AKA.... Obi-Wan Ho-Nobi
Jan 4, 2006
I have to agree with Stanters you are one lucky son of a gun!!!!

I've just played 18 holes today and our course has had some little scum bag shit head's come on from the boardering council estate and they've hacked up 6 greens taking 50-200 divots out of each one. It's just a shame that our course has the Langley estate boardering the back 9. If you could move the 18 holes away from the Estate (or blow the estate and it's contents up) it would be up there with Mere as one of the best courses in the North West.

Kilted Arab

Apr 30, 2005
another kid??

Irish...how do you manage it given you're out on the course for so long??

And was that the bush where you....errr...whopped out the old fella?

Dave Ireland

I'm sizzlin tonite
Aug 31, 2004
Howya IG, KA ... congrats on 1. da pics, bring back some fond memories and 2. the impending squealing and shitty nappies.

I'm ofta Portugal tomorrow .. with the highlight being the Oceanico Victoria course, home of the Portuguese Masters. Camera will be in tow

OP
IrishGolfer

IrishGolfer

Fac ut gaudeam
Supporting Member
Sep 1, 2004
Howya IG, KA ... congrats on 1. da pics, bring back some fond memories and 2. the impending squealing and shitty nappies.

I'm ofta Portugal tomorrow .. with the highlight being the Oceanico Victoria course, home of the Portuguese Masters. Camera will be in tow

Jeez Dave, aren't ya only just back from Spain? Them lemons must be paying you far too many yo yos! You're becoming a bit of a Tour Playa.

Good luck fella!

🔥 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online