• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Vijay is an ass

LottaBalata

Jun 30, 2005
Yea, I guess it's pretty damn tough playing golf while a caddy hauls your bag all over the course:rolleyes:

Maybe if he actually took a weekend off & didn't have some weird obsessive compulsive need to play in every single tournament, he wouldn't be so exhausted?

They thing I took away from the last couple weeks was Vijay's attitude towards himself. "I'm the best putter in the world!" The ONLY way that works is because Tiger's not in it. But, he drove himself to play better and putt better (which he needed badly). And he won, X2!!

And he is 40-something and has a work/practice ethic like none other. I'd walk every round if I had a caddy!!

I know what you're saying though. I'm not a poor sportsman, at least I try not to be. I always do the handshake and "good game" thing after a round.

Irish

May 9, 2007
Soon as he finished he left the course, couldn't even wait around to congratulate Camilo on his win. Prick is going to win this years Fed Ex cup & wasn't around to be interviewed.

so should every golfer who plays the final day wait around to congratulate the winner...I don't see the point of that to be honest..if I finish dead last why should I hang around for the whole day to congratulate the winner

I'm not a big Vijay fan but from what I've read he didn't want to be interviewed/congratulated after a bad round... he wasn't particularly happy and didn't want the media crawling up his ass about how it feels to win the fedex etc etc... either way its his call about giving interviews etc

JEFF4i

She lives!
Supporting Member
Jul 3, 2006
so should every golfer who plays the final day wait around to congratulate the winner...I don't see the point of that to be honest..if I finish dead last why should I hang around for the whole day to congratulate the winner

I'm not a big Vijay fan but from what I've read he didn't want to be interviewed/congratulated after a bad round... he wasn't particularly happy and didn't want the media crawling up his ass about how it feels to win the fedex etc etc... either way its his call about giving interviews etc

And something we shouldn't lose sight of, all of this is totally allowable and within his own control.

The Camilo thing didn't really bother me so much, I don't like him either! :D Honestly I think its just the not being interviewed, these guys can't forget that the only reason they are making money is because of the press, and people watching/supporting them. Don't want to take an interview? Too bad.

MyBluC4

Jan 23, 2008
The guy has 34 tour wins, 3 majors and has won $60.5 million. You don't do this by cheating. He's known as the hardest worker on tour spending even more range time than Tiger. Has more wins post 40 years of age than any tour player ever. I've got to believe he learned something over this time about sportsmanship, commroderie, public relations, etc. Something must of been going on. Being a prick for the sake of being a prick just would not profit him, especially when he has to face his sponsors, PGA officials, FedEx guys and the press anyway when the cup results are made final.

floggerrushmd

Supporting Member
Jul 11, 2008
I think that people are forgetting the hissy fit he threw when Annika played in the PGA tournament. People have been saying he is an ass for years. Never have I once heard that he was a good person. A hard worker, yes. Does he deserve his wins, hell yes he earned them with the hours on the range. But not once have I heard an interview where the person said, "That Vjay is a nice guy." It is always that he is an ass. I don't think that every player should stay around and congratulate the winner of a tournament, I do however think that people need to remember where their paycheck comes from. Athletes forget all too often that it is the fans that pay their salaries or in the case of golf winnings, and with all that money we expect to be able to get a few questions answered. There were much more diplomatic ways that he could have handled the situation, such as going to the press tent and saying that he was tired and would therefore only answer a few questions, or any of a number of things he could have done. But he didn't and the reason is that he is an ass, and things like common courtesy do not come readily to asses.

figjam

Aug 29, 2007
As my previous post demonstrated, I'm no fan of Vijay and his rep in Australia isn't exactly that of a top bloke. But I suppose Vijay has one saving grace that redeems him to some extent in my book. Over all the years I've read interviews and heard the rumour mill etc, Vijay has always disliked Phil, and has not been scared to tell us. Anyone who publicly disses Phil has something going for them IMO.

Irish

May 9, 2007
As my previous post demonstrated, I'm no fan of Vijay and his rep in Australia isn't exactly that of a top bloke. But I suppose Vijay has one saving grace that redeems him to some extent in my book. Over all the years I've read interviews and heard the rumour mill etc, Vijay has always disliked Phil, and has not been scared to tell us. Anyone who publicly disses Phil has something going for them IMO.

I never would have guessed by your username...

OP
Wi-Golfer

Wi-Golfer

Golfer on hiatus.
Supporting Member
Jul 25, 2007
Madison, Wi
Country
United States United States
Can't believe there are actually a couple of Vijay supporters here, let me guess those are the same folks who think Tiger is an arrogant prick?

Irish

May 9, 2007
Can't believe there are actually a couple of Vijay supporters here, let me guess those are the same folks who think Tiger is an arrogant prick?

thats what makes the world go round..people like different people and take offence to different things...

I'm not a VIjay fan but not giving an interview doesn't change my perception of the guy one iota, so put me down as a supporter for this thread... imo he didn't feel like giving an interview...big deal...the guy gives interviews every other day...

I also could not give a damn how many f-bombs Tiger drops when he plays, don't think he's arrogant, but do want to see others players in the golf coverage....but I don't see what Tiger has to do with Vijay either

Clugnut

Gimme some roombas!
Aug 13, 2006
I think that people are forgetting the hissy fit he threw when Annika played in the PGA tournament.

Hissy fit? Did you see what he said about that? He, pretty calmly, I might add, said that if a woman wanted to play the PGA Tour, that they should earn their way on through some sort of qualifying. The hissy fit came from the media and fans reacting to his comment.

MCDavis

The Plaid Duffer
Staff member
Oct 19, 2006
Sanford, NC
Country
United States United States
thats what makes the world go round..people like different people and take offence to different things...

I'm not a VIjay fan but not giving an interview doesn't change my perception of the guy one iota, so put me down as a supporter for this thread... imo he didn't feel like giving an interview...big deal...the guy gives interviews every other day...

I also could not give a damn how many f-bombs Tiger drops when he plays, don't think he's arrogant, but do want to see others players in the golf coverage....but I don't see what Tiger has to do with Vijay either
I agree with Irish, except that I do like Vijay, always have, so I guess I'd be considered a Vijay fan.

Also, I agree with Vijay's comments about women on tour that Clug mentioned...they should earn their spot like any other member of the tour. Frankly, I'm not all that keen on sponsor's exemptions in general. I kinda feel like either you earn your way into a tournament or you sit home.

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
Hissy fit? Did you see what he said about that? He, pretty calmly, I might add, said that if a woman wanted to play the PGA Tour, that they should earn their way on through some sort of qualifying. The hissy fit came from the media and fans reacting to his comment.

Exactly.

Vijay isn't your prototypical PGA golfer. Ergo, he's hated for it. I personally love Vijay for his work ethic, family values and the fact that he's extremely respected by his peers.

Just because he misses the odd interview doesn't make him an axe murdered. However, you can always vent your frustrations by not buying Cleveland or purchasing any of his endorsers. Otherwise, you're just blowing hot air up your own skirt.

I hate Tiger Woods for what his brand of golf brings to the game. I don't hate the man, just the garbage that surrounds him.

R35

🔥 Latest posts