• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Vijay is an ass

Wi-Golfer

Golfer on hiatus.
Supporting Member
Jul 25, 2007
Madison, Wi
Country
United States United States
Soon as he finished he left the course, couldn't even wait around to congratulate Camilo on his win. Prick is going to win this years Fed Ex cup & wasn't around to be interviewed.

West Coast Duffer

Orange County California
Oct 12, 2007
Fedex really hosed the point system up again. Vijay doesnt even have to play anymore and is still gonna win.

ezra76

Feb 5, 2006
I don't blame him. They have these playoffs set up so the guys are playing every week after the PGA and most before that. Probably hasn't seen much of his family in the last few months. Besides, he's no spring chicken. I'm sure he's pretty beat down physically. I take it they will wait to announce him the winner until after the tournament next week. Now if he's not around for that, then he's a borderline ass.

OP
Wi-Golfer

Wi-Golfer

Golfer on hiatus.
Supporting Member
Jul 25, 2007
Madison, Wi
Country
it wouldn't have killed him to stick around for another 1/2 hr. I don't have personal experience with the man but I have heard he can be quite the prick.

figjam

Aug 29, 2007
I don't want to be the one to flog a dead horse, but I still have trouble understanding how Vijay is allowed to play on any professional tour in the world. Not sure if you guys in the US are aware of it, but about 15 or so years ago Vijay was kicked off the Asian tour for handing in incorrect score cards. Apparently the big fella had trouble counting past 5. Didn't get to hear the full story as he left fast and it was hushed up, but you don't get banned from a tour for inadvertantly making a simple honest mistake. The phrase 'banned for cheating' was frequently bandied around in stroies about it at the time. I also know some club pros here in Aus who knew Vijay when he was starting out as a battler on our mini tours. Didn't hear too many complimentary things about him from them.

I'm sure he will have no trouble at all counting to ten million though :).

P.S. I forgot to add that are alot of rumours of people in Australia being owed money from Vijay from his days on our tour too.

Harry Longshanks

bow-chicka-bow-wow
Jul 20, 2008
Fedex really hosed the point system up again. Vijay doesnt even have to play anymore and is still gonna win.

Well, just to be absolutely, technically accurate, he does have to post a score in the Tour Championship.

But yeah, not really much of a playoff when the "winner" doesn't have to actually have to try in the finale.

I still think bigger cuts leading to 16 players who play match play to determine the winner is a "real" playoff.

mont86

Supporting Member
Nov 5, 2005
He pretty much has the Fedex cup..I'll bet he doesn't want to jinx himself by talking about before he gets the cup.

Harry Longshanks

bow-chicka-bow-wow
Jul 20, 2008
Maybe he had to pick up a truckload of THE Golf Mats and/or THE Golf Radars and put them in the mail.

Man that was random.

slickpitt

Aug 15, 2006
Leaving the course early I can see... refusing to do a 20 second interview = he's a douchebag.

LottaBalata

Jun 30, 2005
Personally, I think Vijay looked exhausted.

Is it necessary to have to congratulate someone when you'll see them in a week, maybe you have their cell phone #. Give the guy a break. He just won 2 tournaments back to back, played pretty well in the 3rd week of the playoffs, despite looking like he needed some well-deserved time off.

I've heard a lot of things about Vijay, all positive, never that he was a prick because he didn't congratulate someone.

JEFF4i

She lives!
Supporting Member
Jul 3, 2006

Is it necessary to have to congratulate someone when you'll see them in a week, maybe you have their cell phone #. Give the guy a break. He just won 2 tournaments back to back, played pretty well in the 3rd week of the playoffs, despite looking like he needed some well-deserved time off.

I've heard a lot of things about Vijay, all positive, never that he was a prick because he didn't congratulate someone.

Really? Selective hearing? I've heard good and bad, but I don't like him anyway.

Exhausted or not, there is a certain level of sportsmanship that should be expected. If he wants to get frustrated, angry, or whatever at his own game whatever, but don't let that seep into your professionalism towards other players.

And somehow I don't see Vijay calling Camilo.

LottaBalata

Jun 30, 2005
Really? Selective hearing? I've heard good and bad, but I don't like him anyway.

Exhausted or not, there is a certain level of sportsmanship that should be expected. If he wants to get frustrated, angry, or whatever at his own game whatever, but don't let that seep into your professionalism towards other players.

And somehow I don't see Vijay calling Camilo.

It may be somewhat selective, but I've heard negative things about A LOT of golfers. Including Tiger, Phil, Camilo, Poulter, Sergio, and others as well. I don't think I can make any conclusions about hardly any of them except for what I know to be true. I have no idea why Vijay left early, I gave my presumptions as to why.

Also, simply because YOU don't like someone, doesn't make them a prick. Especially when it was as simple as a congrats and a hand shake.

I see athletes upset ALL THE TIME after a game, match, whatever the sport. Its totally understandable. Maybe they didn't play well, so they're pouting. Maybe they were in the lead, and simply got beat, now they're pouting. Maybe they're tired as hell, and just wanted some sleep.

I guess, I just don't feel it to be necessary for everyone to hang out just to give someone a high five. JMO

JEFF4i

She lives!
Supporting Member
Jul 3, 2006
It may be somewhat selective, but I've heard negative things about A LOT of golfers. Including Tiger, Phil, Camilo, Poulter, Sergio, and others as well. I don't think I can make any conclusions about hardly any of them except for what I know to be true. I have no idea why Vijay left early, I gave my presumptions as to why.

Fair enough.

Also, simply because YOU don't like someone, doesn't make them a prick. Especially when it was as simple as a congrats and a hand shake.

Never said he was, I only said I didn't like him.

I see athletes upset ALL THE TIME after a game, match, whatever the sport. Its totally understandable. Maybe they didn't play well, so they're pouting. Maybe they were in the lead, and simply got beat, now they're pouting. Maybe they're tired as hell, and just wanted some sleep.

I guess it's just the way I was raised. I've had some pretty disappointing defeats, bad holes, all that, but when it came to being a good sport to the people that beat me, there never was a question, and there never will be. Sportsmanship thing.

I guess, I just don't feel it to be necessary for everyone to hang out just to give someone a high five. JMO

No reflection of you there lotta, but I'm critical even of people I like when I see blatantly poor sportsmanship.

OP
Wi-Golfer

Wi-Golfer

Golfer on hiatus.
Supporting Member
Jul 25, 2007
Madison, Wi
Country

Give the guy a break. He just won 2 tournaments back to back, played pretty well in the 3rd week of the playoffs, despite looking like he needed some well-deserved time off.

Yea, I guess it's pretty damn tough playing golf while a caddy hauls your bag all over the course:rolleyes:

Maybe if he actually took a weekend off & didn't have some weird obsessive compulsive need to play in every single tournament, he wouldn't be so exhausted?

🔥 Latest posts