• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Virtual Lesson

The Salt Vampire

...and loving it.
Aug 14, 2006
I am about to head out the door to a virtual lesson. Or maybe, a real lesson with a virtual reality element. It was a giveaway from a recent golf event and since I like tech stuff, I thought I would give it a try. The other three guys I played with on the giveaway day are terrified to give it a try. Apparently they hook you up to some virtual reality goggles and you can see your swing, while you swing.

I have played for 30+ years and have never really had a formal lesson. Got good enough to be a 2-5 handicap for about 15 years. In the past five years I have slid to the 8-11 range (depending on the putter and driver).

Family and job commitments are a factor. I think that I hit worse than that though. My buddies snidely call me the "Low Chopper". It can be frighteningly crooked. Because I have a fair amount of experience playing competitive golf, I can still find a way to get that ugliness that I bring into the hole.

Anyway, it is time to get it back. If I like the system and the teacher, I may take a series of lessons.

I don't get nervous about many things, but am nervous about this. Funny.

🔥 Latest posts