• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Visualiseation? (spelling)?

JasonMacIsaac

Titleist and Cleveland
Feb 23, 2005
I am extremly visual with my golf game. Everything to me is how the ball will react when I hit it. From the tee I see the ball landing on my spot to leave me the next best possible shot. When I hit irons into the green I try to visualize how large the bounce will be and to what direction. When chipping it is the same thing, how high, where to land it and when it will check. I try to do the same thing in putting but it never works :/

cypressperch

Jun 24, 2006
Toledo Bend Lake, Louisiana
Country
United States United States
If we visualize on every shot, we will be

concentrating more than if we don't. Over a round that will create considerable brain drain. It will therefore be even more important to turn off the "golf brain" between shots. I am sorry for those who have to endure rounds of six hours duration. No, we cannot concentrate that length of time and continue to live as human life forms.

sincerely, cypressperch

PhillyEagle

Feb 3, 2007
concentrating more than if we don't. Over a round that will create considerable brain drain. It will therefore be even more important to turn off the "golf brain" between shots. I am sorry for those who have to endure rounds of six hours duration. No, we cannot concentrate that length of time and continue to live as human life forms.

sincerely, cypressperch

Nice to see you post again!

(sorry if you've been posting all along and I just missed it)

Sandpiper3

Golf Course Designer
Aug 9, 2006
Cypress, as people have said, nice to read your posts again!

On what you said feeling sorry for people playing 6hr rounds, I've played up to 6 1/2hr rounds, and im not concentrating anymore than I would in a 4hr round (well, depending how many shots im taking:laugh:). I only focus for that 30seconds or so each shot, in between shots I may be thinking golf, thinking about my next shot, looking over my yardage book or something, but definately not concentrating:D.

Yes, I visualize fully every shot, I already have everyshot planned out before I even play, I just see which shot I wanted to hit already, allow for any differences during the day, and see the ball going to where I wanted to put it originally.

🔥 Latest posts