• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Vokey CC Spin Mill Wedges

cyberious

Planet Love Tron
Feb 19, 2005
I am a bit weird about my bag. I like to have Tour level sticks since most of the time it is hard to find a average players club that is "traditional" looking. As most of you I was irritated at the USGA groove non-sense because well, it is silly. That being said since I was revamping my bag this year I decided that I would get Condition of Competition wedges and fitted them with Rifle Spinner shafts.. Since I like the look of Titleist wedges I bought a pair in 52* and 56*. The look is fantastic. The Tour finish they have on them is more brushed satin looking than the standard offerings. But how do they play? Let me pause here for a moment to let you know that I am a high spin player. I could make a rock spin and back up on a green with a garden hoe. These new Spin Milled conforming grooves are excellent for me. On touch shots the ball checks up nicely and stops after a bounce, the slight release. On full shots I can stop it and back it up a a few feet if necessary but am also able to have it bounce and stop. All in all I like them. They don't seem to eat balls as much as non-conforming wedges and they actually help my control. So a positive thumbs up from me.

🔥 Latest posts