• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Vokey Question

dunagan15

Aug 17, 2008
Does anyone know if Vokey makes a spin milled 52* with 4 or 8 bounce??

If not im looking for a 52-54* wedge for the 90-110 yard that will get up high in the air and stick. So any suggestions?

I love my 60* but I just cant get it to the green from 110. Thanks guys:smilie_ti

OP
dunagan15

dunagan15

Aug 17, 2008
Well doest that just suck.

I guess my next question is for those that have hit the 52* Vokey, and how much added yardage does it give you compared to the lob wedge??

Eracer

No more triple bogies!!
Oct 31, 2005
I have the 54/10 that's been bent to 52/08. It fits right in between my PW and LW (at least the yardage I would expect if I carried a LW.)

JEFF4i

She lives!
Supporting Member
Jul 3, 2006
I have about 40 yards difference between my 52 and my 60.

But they are special cases.

slickpitt

Aug 15, 2006
I have a 50* Cally X-Tour that sticks like... like... well, like something that sticks really well.

OP
dunagan15

dunagan15

Aug 17, 2008
I have a 50* Cally X-Tour that sticks like... like... well, like something that sticks really well.

How is it compared to your spin milled 54*, distance, ball flight etc.????

ezra76

Feb 5, 2006
It's going to vary on your swing. I have a 50* Vokey that I hit 120 and a 55* Titleist Prototype that I hit 105. A 54* would be just under 110 I'd imagine. I had a 54* back when I had Mizunos and that was about the yardage.

phatheadaf

Jul 20, 2008
Cleveland Anyone?

I use the cleveland CG10's, however I know the new zipgroove wedges are supposed to be snazzy... ever think of giving those a try?

I pretty sure the Vokey's don't come in SM for wedges over 54*. Apprently they were spinning too much and couldn't be controlled to any great extent. However, if you really wanted you could get a SM54.08 an bend if foward 2* and get the desired result, however, I think if it worked well, they'd make it.

Check out the CG12's, you might like them. Groove technology is there, and the wedges are crisp. Most importantly they have the design specs you prefer. They have the zip grooves in all models, including the high loft, high spin combo.

A.

:smilie_cl

OP
dunagan15

dunagan15

Aug 17, 2008
I use the cleveland CG10's, however I know the new zipgroove wedges are supposed to be snazzy... ever think of giving those a try?

I pretty sure the Vokey's don't come in SM for wedges over 54*. Apprently they were spinning too much and couldn't be controlled to any great extent. However, if you really wanted you could get a SM54.08 an bend if foward 2* and get the desired result, however, I think if it worked well, they'd make it.

Check out the CG12's, you might like them. Groove technology is there, and the wedges are crisp. Most importantly they have the design specs you prefer. They have the zip grooves in all models, including the high loft, high spin combo.

A.

:smilie_cl

Thanks phat, I have demoed the cg 12's and was very fond of them. I was just leaning toward the vokey because of my previous rounds using the 60*. I will check out the cleveland model because I do like the Cg 12 line.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.