• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Vokey TVD-K Graphite Ion 54-10

mlgolf

Dec 7, 2012
Country
United States United States
Vokey TVD-K Graphite Ion 54-10
DG Tour Issue S400
Vokey Tour Velvet Cord (std size logo down)
Length, lie std
Loft 2 strong 54-10
SW D6
175 shipped USPS priority lower 48 only.
ImageUploadedByShot Talk1392515675.055937.jpg
ImageUploadedByShot Talk1392515705.105560.jpg
ImageUploadedByShot Talk1392515721.405285.jpg
ImageUploadedByShot Talk1392515743.305300.jpg
ImageUploadedByShot Talk1392515769.621836.jpg
ImageUploadedByShot Talk1392515807.271925.jpg
ImageUploadedByShot Talk1392515827.855909.jpg
ImageUploadedByShot Talk1392515846.006637.jpg

Last edited:
OP
mlgolf

mlgolf

Dec 7, 2012
Country
What is a K grind by the way? Been wondering.
It is a wide enhanced cambered sole that voke developed with Tom Kite. Very forgiving out of sand and rough. It is still able to hit a variety of shots around the green too.

nututhugame

Winter Sucks!
Supporting Member
Dec 29, 2008
Southeast Wisconsin
Country
It is a wide enhanced cambered sole that voke developed with Tom Kite. Very forgiving out of sand and rough. It is still able to hit a variety of shots around the green too.
Gotcha. I've actually been looking closely at Vokeys lately, but this one in particular is not my cup of tea. Looks nice, i'm sure you'll get er sold.

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
Gotcha. I've actually been looking closely at Vokeys lately, but this one in particular is not my cup of tea. Looks nice, i'm sure you'll get er sold.
I've kicked around getting a Vokey a few times. Cost is a bit more jam I want to spend though.

nututhugame

Winter Sucks!
Supporting Member
Dec 29, 2008
Southeast Wisconsin
Country
I've kicked around getting a Vokey a few times. Cost is a bit more jam I want to spend though.
Like I said in another thread, i'm sick of buying what I can afford in the moment and not liking it. I've been looking real close at wedges (and my bag in general) and i'm starting to see why people like Vokeys. Right now the sm4's have the best head shape out there. I'm really getting sick of sucking and have been getting serious about my game lately. Been going to the range and hitting wedges for at least half a bucket. That part of the game being so important, it's probably important to not question your equipment and just be comfortable over the ball. I've been trying to dissect what wedge setup will fit my game best. I'm thinking 54* & 60* like I had before with the TM rac satins. Then I can't decide what bounce for what wedge. I need to define what shots I intend to play with what wedge and work from there. Even though I dig a bit I don't think I want 14* of bounce on a 54* because while i'll use it for full shots i'll also use it for tighter lies around the green. For the 60* I don't think I want 4* because I may use it out of the sand too. We'll see, work in progress.

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
Like I said in another thread, i'm sick of buying what I can afford in the moment and not liking it. I've been looking real close at wedges (and my bag in general) and i'm starting to see why people like Vokeys. Right now the sm4's have the best head shape out there. I'm really getting sick of sucking and have been getting serious about my game lately. Been going to the range and hitting wedges for at least half a bucket. That part of the game being so important, it's probably important to not question your equipment and just be comfortable over the ball. I've been trying to dissect what wedge setup will fit my game best. I'm thinking 54* & 60* like I had before with the TM rac satins. Then I can't decide what bounce for what wedge. I need to define what shots I intend to play with what wedge and work from there. Even though I dig a bit I don't think I want 14* of bounce on a 54* because while i'll use it for full shots i'll also use it for tighter lies around the green. For the 60* I don't think I want 4* because I may use it out of the sand too. We'll see, work in progress.
I like the look of Cally wedges too. I went 54/60 because I have no need for 4 wedges and hate gap wedges. I may make a move to try some vokeys next season, this season I have some cally's. It seems likes clubs are adding more and more graphics to the cavity part and to me that looks gimmicky and cheap. I like the simple look of last years Cally wedges and Vokeys.

TrickyPutt

Banned
Banned
Jan 11, 2012
Alabama
Country
Bounce equals forgiveness. Get 12+. If you are on hard pan play it back and take it out. Better to have it than not, as you can stance adjust it to suit yourself. I have a 50/10, 54/14 and 60/14. If I hood one it is a flat bottomed chipper, open and it floats the muck or sand.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.