• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Waht do you do?

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
Thought this would be fun...How do you support your golfing habit/pay the bills?

I am a Programmer Analyst for a non-profit company that administers at home health care to the elderly and other physically and mentally disabled people. We are currently rolling out programs into about 10 other counties in wisconsin, we are predicting to double the ammount of employees and triple the amount of members served by the end of 2008.

I LOVE my job, every one here in the office is extremely nice and helpful. The company really values its employees and everyone does their jobs at their fullest ability.

Before i got this gig, i worked as a production worker(Swager) at Chromalox in albany wisconsin (For 3 years), a busboy (For 8 years) at local family owned Flynns Supper Club, i had other odd jobs during the summer such as landscapping, tree removal service, paper route when i was really young...

So far the greatest accomplishment of my career has been creating a helpdesk management program in college with a few of my classmates that is currently in use and running at a company in rockford Ill.

acarty

Future Pro!
Oct 13, 2007
Nice work!

I am a systems analyst. Basically, I work for a massive IT multi-national and I support a bunch of servers that run the UK Government initiatives. I work with a bunch of golf-haters so it's pretty interesting trying to explain my wins sometimes.

My work is pretty good, but it can be a little bland until we get a server outage, but on the whole, its good work. The guys around me are a great lot too!

Before that, I did my A Levels at college about 3 1/2 years ago.

Sandy

Aug 29, 2006
dam...my search skillz fail me....

To be fair, I originally tried a search for 'Jobs' - the title of the thread - and it didn't show up at all! But then I searched for my own job, knowing I'd put it in there, and lo and behold there the thread was...

h3king

Junior Pro
Jun 14, 2007
Hello, I'm 20 and I work at Lowe's as a cashier. I'm going to school for nursing in fall and plan on playing baseball. Lowe's is a pain but it pays the bills.

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
As stated many times before I'm the design engineering metallurgist for a transmission company. And I moonlight making planes for Microsoft's Flight Simulator (sold on a German website) and also helping a metallurgical guru who has a consulting business. :) All strange occupations for someone who was going to be a commercial artist... :D

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
35 years in the engineering/construction of municipal water/wastewater facilities. I've stood waist deep in what you flush down your toilet, watching the "floaters"... undigested corn... used condoms... tampon inserters... go by, some sticking to the waders. The past few projects have seemed to all been drinking water... taking water from a lake or river, treating it, and sending it to businesses and residences for people to drink. If we give them enough drinking water, pretty soon the need is greater for the "other" water.

My experience can attest to the fact that everyone's s*** stinks! As a treatment plant collects the waste products flushed to it by the residents, there is no way to differentiate the "product" that was flushed by one race vs. another, by Republican vs. Democrat, by conservative vs. liberal, and... other than a few "choice" items... female vs. male. Folks, it all looks the same... smells the same... whether you play cast or forged, Titleist or Dunlop! I, however, would not recommend the "This Thread is Worthless Without Pictures" emoticon. I could ruin your next meal in a heartbeat!!!

I've put up with your s*** all my life! But, before making any off-the-wall comments, remember I also make your drinking water. And, at my age, were I to "accidentaly" get them mixed up it would be judged just a lapse in memory!

OP
eclark53520

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
35 years in the engineering/construction of municipal water/wastewater facilities. I've stood waist deep in what you flush down your toilet, watching the "floaters"... undigested corn... used condoms... tampon inserters... go by, some sticking to the waders. The past few projects have seemed to all been drinking water... taking water from a lake or river, treating it, and sending it to businesses and residences for people to drink. If we give them enough drinking water, pretty soon the need is greater for the "other" water.

My experience can attest to the fact that everyone's s*** stinks! As a treatment plant collects the waste products flushed to it by the residents, there is no way to differentiate the "product" that was flushed by one race vs. another, by Republican vs. Democrat, by conservative vs. liberal, and... other than a few "choice" items... female vs. male. Folks, it all looks the same... smells the same... whether you play cast or forged, Titleist or Dunlop! I, however, would not recommend the "This Thread is Worthless Without Pictures" emoticon. I could ruin your next meal in a heartbeat!!!

I've put up with your s*** all my life! But, before making any off-the-wall comments, remember I also make your drinking water. And, at my age, were I to "accidentaly" get them mixed up it would be judged just a lapse in memory!

Sorry, but i had to...

:needpics::thumbs up::thumbs up:

BStone

PGA Class A Professional
Supporting Member
Jan 18, 2006
Country
As mentioned in the previous employment thread, I am a PGA Professional at a course in New Jersey.

MCDavis

The Plaid Duffer
Staff member
Oct 19, 2006
Sanford, NC
Country

A little uptight tonight, limpy? ;)

BStone

PGA Class A Professional
Supporting Member
Jan 18, 2006
Country

Can I post this in the locker room so my members can read it?

🔥 Latest posts

Members online