• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Waht do you do?

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
United States United States
A little uptight tonight, limpy? ;)
If you only knew!!! At my age, I no longer get uptight. I've always been easy going, but have really mellowed the past few years. Life's too short and I've got a lot less left, than lived. But........
Probably the longest winter without golf I can remember. I don't remember the last time we didn't play at least once every month of the year. This year, Mother Nature went on her extended rampage the first week in December. Finally.... finally, last weekend we had good weather and the couse was open. Played 18 Saturday and 36 Sunday. Now, it's been cold all week... predicting flurries, tomorrow... down to single digits tomorrow night and the possiblities are slim for playing this weekend. The carpet is worn thin from putting and putting and putting and putting. I want on the course!!! I want to play golf!!! I want 70 degree temps!!! YES!! You're danged right, I'm uptight!!!!:biglol:

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Can I post this in the locker room so my members can read it?
Anybody who works with the public has my sincere appreciation. And, those who work at most golf clubs even deserve more accolades! It takes a patience beyond belief to put up with the egos and attitudes I've seen so vividly displayed. You have my empathy and I'm glad there are folks like you who put up with John Q. Public.
Daily, I walk with and work with PHD's in the engineering profession and construction laborers, most of whom did not graduate high school. I work with people of great intelligence, who are not very smart. And, I work with those who display a passion to perform that cannot be taught in a classroom.
The egos of the extremely educated used to get under my skin. As life has allowed me to mature, I have learned to handle it much better. And, I think my analogy of breaking it down to bodily waste is appropo. If my daily routine takes me into a situation with an especially "difficult" person, I will ask if there's a restroom nearby and excuse myself. Walk into a restroom and pull the handle on a toilet. As you watch the water swirl out of the bowl, remember that the person who is giving you a difficult time flushes just like you do. When it comes to bodily functions... we're all pretty much the same. Take a deep breath and walk back into the meeting/discussion. I promise you, you'll have a smile on your face and handle the situation much better.
Again, to you or anyone working with the general public.... Thanks!!!

goatster

SUPER SOAKER
Feb 20, 2005
35 years in the engineering/construction of municipal water/wastewater facilities. I've stood waist deep in what you flush down your toilet, watching the "floaters"... undigested corn... used condoms... tampon inserters... go by, some sticking to the waders. The past few projects have seemed to all been drinking water... taking water from a lake or river, treating it, and sending it to businesses and residences for people to drink. If we give them enough drinking water, pretty soon the need is greater for the "other" water.

My experience can attest to the fact that everyone's s*** stinks! As a treatment plant collects the waste products flushed to it by the residents, there is no way to differentiate the "product" that was flushed by one race vs. another, by Republican vs. Democrat, by conservative vs. liberal, and... other than a few "choice" items... female vs. male. Folks, it all looks the same... smells the same... whether you play cast or forged, Titleist or Dunlop! I, however, would not recommend the "This Thread is Worthless Without Pictures" emoticon. I could ruin your next meal in a heartbeat!!!

I've put up with your s*** all my life! But, before making any off-the-wall comments, remember I also make your drinking water. And, at my age, were I to "accidentaly" get them mixed up it would be judged just a lapse in memory!

in a similar line although not as glorious i drive a "honey wagon".used to be strictly military but we have branched out to civilian side now.

a;though i may be looking for another job in the near future as our contract run out in Sept. 07.last i knew we were on extension till March 31 08.

bames

Purchased a better game
Supporting Member
Jan 8, 2006
Utah
Country
I work...for myself. Therefore I age in dog years now. 7 times the rate of a normal human. I tell my wife that every 9 holes I gain back 1/2 of one year. Every 18 holes I gain a full year back. I try to play a minumum of 7 full rounds a year to stay normal.

West Coast Duffer

Orange County California
Oct 12, 2007
Im an optical engineer working in Photonics, High precison opitcs for various products like laser guided systems the military uses and medical reaserch equipment.

mddubya

Hybrid convert
Nov 6, 2007
Front Line leader,(Supervisor), for a Major trucking company. I oversee the movement of all freight in and the movement of it for the Nissan plant here in Mississippi. If you own a Titan truck, Armada SUV, Infinity QX56 or a 4 door Altima my drivers contributed to the building of it.

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
in a similar line although not as glorious i drive a "honey wagon".used to be strictly military but we have branched out to civilian side now.

a;though i may be looking for another job in the near future as our contract run out in Sept. 07.last i knew we were on extension till March 31 08.
So, everyone else's s*** is your bread and butter... just like mine!

Clugnut

Gimme some roombas!
Aug 13, 2006
Front Line leader,(Supervisor), for a Major trucking company. I oversee the movement of all freight in and the movement of it for the Nissan plant here in Mississippi. If you own a Titan truck, Armada SUV, Infinity QX56 or a 4 door Altima my drivers contributed to the building of it.

So you're the reason my wife's Altima has a squeak in the front suspension!

Do they make the 2 door Altima at another plant?

MCDavis

The Plaid Duffer
Staff member
Oct 19, 2006
Sanford, NC
Country
I work...for myself. Therefore I age in dog years now. 7 times the rate of a normal human. I tell my wife that every 9 holes I gain back 1/2 of one year. Every 18 holes I gain a full year back. I try to play a minumum of 7 full rounds a year to stay normal.

Me too on all accounts...

DaGris

Bears fan in Georgia
Dec 8, 2007
car sales.....work for a small pre owned carlot my buddy owns.....we keep about 60 cars, trucks, suv's...sell about 35-40 a months,..stay pretty busy.

OP
eclark53520

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
Acarty, VTDivot, adn Hmbre97...

What made you get into computers?

I never even had a computer untill my junior year in highschool, even then i wasnt really into them. My senior year i took a computer science class in highschool, and i thought some of that was cool, but still didn't see it as a career. After i graduated the realization that i needed a job that paid more than 7.50/hr. I went to an open house at the local community college and they said the two programs that had the highest placement rate and pay rate after college was Nursing and Computer programming...well, i wasnt even about to be a nurse so i went into the computer programming program.

Once i got into the classes i realized that i had quite the knack for this whole programming and computer thing and i really got into it. I realized then that i had a lot of catching up to do as my classmates were alot more "diversified" in computer knowledge than i was, all i knew was what our professors were teaching. I had to start learning hardware and OS's so i could actually converse with my classmates and not feel stupid.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online