• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

WAKEFIELD RIDDLED WITH POISONOUS SNAKES SHOCKER

dave.

Mar 20, 2005
Well one adder to be exact.A player was rooting down the 16th when he felt a nettle like sting in his leg,he looked down and saw a thin 2 footish snake staring up at him.He checkes and saw the dreaded 2 holes and his leg started to go a bit numb.he shat himself and went straight to hospital,they gave him an antedote.Apparently they are dangerous for small kids and old codgers,but not a full grown man.

I didn't realise West Yorkshire was riddled with dangerous vermin (apart from women golfers,obviously)

Scotty01292

Mmmmmmmm..... Cake.......
Oct 16, 2005
Is the snake still out there? I thought you didn't get snakes in Britain, to be quite honest. I've been in a swimming pool with a snake one time, in Florida. I shat myself pretty much as well...

OP
dave.

dave.

Mar 20, 2005
Very rare,adders and vipers,which even rarer than adders.I think there may only be one adder and its on my bloody course

ManchesterGolfer

AKA.... Obi-Wan Ho-Nobi
Jan 4, 2006
I thought we only got Adders down in the South west and south east of England? Maybe it came back in someones golf bag who's been playing down south on hoiliday?

OP
dave.

dave.

Mar 20, 2005
My course is an old nature reserve,built around a lake.A lord about 100 years ago brought a lot of wildlife in,so who knows

Bravo

Aug 27, 2004
Once again, another element of nature that we in North America must deal with that you do not. We have discussed the hurricanes, earthquakes and tornados here already.

We've got snakes galore in our country and a bunch of them are poisonous. Every time I am out on a golf course and approach the deep rough on the sides of the course, I am thinking about "Mr. No Shoulders".

Once while hunting in Texas, I had a 6 foot rattlesnake fully uncoil and strike at me. My BIL warned me at the last moment and I jumped.

I didn't calm down for about two days.

OP
dave.

dave.

Mar 20, 2005
You yanks are big pussies,us Yorkshireman laugh in the face of such adversity.

However,I really do think I would faint if i saw a rattle snake uncoil in front of me.

JEFF4i

She lives!
Supporting Member
Jul 3, 2006
Out here in New Mexico I've found a couple rattlesnakes and bull snakes on the tee boxes and such. At Paako Ridge, in the mounains, I walked about 20 feet from a group of 8 does and a couple babies, they were just grazing. That's Paako though, it's worth playing if you are ever out here in New Mexico, that and UNM Champsionship Course(South). Both have a good variety of fauna, coyotes, snakes, etc.

SiberianDVM

I love Hooters
Jul 25, 2005
Augusta, GA
Country
United States United States
Somehow the phrases he shat himself and Yorkshireman laugh in the face of such adversity seem at odds. :D

OP
dave.

dave.

Mar 20, 2005
My adder is starting to look a bit pathetic,no doubt you lot will wheel stories about man eating crocs,rampant wild pigs and rabid brown bears.

But still,to us,that bloody adder is the devil.

trob

Apr 2, 2006
In Myrtle this summer I just about shit my pants when I saw and alligator sitting by the water befor I hit my shot. Snakes bight..gators will just eat you. lol

EnglishGolfer

Talks a good game
Oct 3, 2005
trob said:
gators will just eat you. lol

You can't fool us northeners mate. I've seen Happy Gilmore, you can easily kick their asses, now adders on the other hand are lethal! To paraphrase Steve Irwin "If you touch it, it'll kill ya!" LOL

IrishGolfer

Fac ut gaudeam
Supporting Member
Sep 1, 2004
No snakes in Ireland, thanks to St. Patrick (God bless him!!)

I once played in Myrtle Beach with a couple of Jock mates. One of our group was hacking out from in the woods. He spent an extraordinary amount of time setting himself up for the shot. I remember thinking to myself "Just hit the bloody ball, will ya", when the next thing there was a high pitched scream and the blur of a 20 st. 6'4" man sprinting past me with a "Blair Witch Project" look on his face.

He had seen a snake as he was about to hit his shot. Only the washing machine will ever know the exact damage inflicted to his pants. We laughed hysterically for about 15 minutes afterwards. Golden.

Eracer

No more triple bogies!!
Oct 31, 2005
Maybe this is why they don't have many golfers in India. Too many snakes. Didn't some guy named Moses turn a Cobra into a driver over there?

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.