• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Walk or Ride?

Justice76

Jun 11, 2005
Just want to know what you guys do.. I am a walker. yesterday. I was playing ahead of a group 3 carts younger crowd Front cart was breathing down my neck all day. I asked them to pass they looked at me like I was crazy. THen finally realized what I ment, they declined said they were waiting on friends. So I hit my shot of tees get to second shot, hit it start walking ball, theireball is right on the way and here comes there cart. I mean they said they were waiting they should have waited not keep on my heels when I was walking. Ruined my day.

BentGrass

In the Lumbar Yard
Jul 3, 2005
I prefer to walk, but don't mind hitching the occasional ride from time to time. I used to golf better walking, but I'm not sure that is true anymore.

What I can't understand is when you see these young kids... 13, 14, 15, riding around in a cart.

Youngun5

Beware of the Phog!
Aug 26, 2004
don't look at me, courses here are strict about that for some reason, which sucks cuz there's a 17 bucks unlimited golf per person with a cart after 3 at a local course, but i have noone to go with

not old enough to drive, walk rain or shine,

dave.

Mar 20, 2005
Riding completely ruins the experience of being on a golf course for me.After a spanked drive down the middle,I want the walk to relish it,not a 10 second ride to it,

wirehair

Life's too short to drink cheap wine.
Apr 29, 2005
Been riding this summer. Too hot to walk these days, and I can get in 27 or mebbe 36 before my fat old man body tells me to go home.

Esher

Jun 25, 2005
I walk but it's for different reasons. Walking helps me keep down the complaints from the wife about playing so much.

To my wife:
Riding = Wasting time with friends
Walking = Exercise that will keep me healthy :)

SilverUberXeno

El Tigre Blanco
Jul 26, 2005
I'm 17, and I definitely prefer riding. I played in a threesome today (don't even) and I noticed that when walking I missed a lot of shots. I mean, I missed seeing other people's shots. In a cart, I get to see every shot, everyone gets to see every shot. It seems more individualistic when you're walking. It was a nice change to walk, but I definitely prefer the wind in my heavenly locks.

"Was my body square on that shot Zach?"
"Looked fine from where I was standing."
"Could you see me?"
"Nope."

Clever fellow. I did suggest he squared up his address at the tee with the big dog, and we couldn't even see it the ball came off so fast. A little ways down the fairway on the next hole we found a ball. o_o Gravy.

longiron

May 2, 2005
wirehair said:
Been riding this summer. Too hot to walk these days, and I can get in 27 or mebbe 36 before my fat old man body tells me to go home.
Same here for me. The older i get the less i can take the heat or cold for that matter. I do walk when my knees are feeling ok.

SiberianDVM

I love Hooters
Jul 25, 2005
Augusta, GA
Country
United States United States
Around here they don't even ask, they just charge you for a cart and hand you the keys. I guess in GA in July, NOBODY walks.

gwlee7

Ho's from Rocky Mount, NC
Supporting Member
Jun 15, 2005
I belong to two courses that will let you walk or ride. I walk during the week and ride on the weekends b/c all of my big group rides in the summer. Most of us walk in the fall and winter though.

The real issue is the rudeness of the (insert expletives of your choice here) that rode through Justice76 after they said they would wait. I would have contemplated launching an 8 iron mortar shot at them when they stopped in front of me. Their behavior was totally uncalled for. Of course, all of the "Sunday School" language they would have heard from me would have been uncalled for as well.

nsherman2006

Jan 4, 2005
i do both. If it's really humid and the heat index is over 100*, i'll usually ride. But i end up walking most of the time. My preferred method is walking with my clubs strapped on someone's cart, but im up for anything, if it's golf. But usually i'll walk 9 or 18 at least before i start to ride, even on hot days. Like last Wednesday we had a scorcher here, heat index of 113 at my house. I walked 18 holes, then i went back to my home course and rode for 9 with a few friends.

obagain

Used club guru
Mar 29, 2005
I walk unless they make me ride. It keeps the round in rythem, no sitting in the cart for 5 minutes waiting on the next shot.

goatster

SUPER SOAKER
Feb 20, 2005
i ride because my partner has been on dialysis for about 15 yrs and its starting to take alittle out of him he doesnt have the stamina to walk any more.also since he is on disabnlity he doesnt have much income and i dont want to be a jerk and stick him with the whole cart and walk myself .also he would have to sit around and wait for me to get to and hit my shot.

the guys got it rough enough without his best friend being a dick to him.(by making him wait that is )

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.