• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Walked off the course today - redux

WMitch6

Jul 24, 2006
I had just enough time today to sneak in a quick 9 between laundry and grocery shopping. The day was too fine to pass it up.

I used a cart expecting to play 9 in around an hour. There was an outing of probably a half dozen 4somes going off the 1st tee. The pro put me out on the back 9 telling me it was almost empty.

I caught up to a 2 some on the second hole. Being nice guys they offered to let me through on the 3rd tee. I caught up to another 4some just hitting as I got to the 4th tee. There was no one on the course in front of them. From there on it was misery. One of the guys seemed to play well, but his partner was an idiot.

The guy was driving the cart. He would drive to his partner's ball, get out of the cart and walk to his own ball which was usually in the trees or at least in the rough on the opposite side of the fairway. When he got to his ball he would spend a minute or so figuring out how to play the shot and then he would walk all the way back to the friggen' cart to get a club. Once he had selected a club he would walk all the way back to his ball only to skank it 40 yds. He did the same thing around the greens. He would park on one side, walk all the way over to the rough on the other side, plan his shot and then walk back to the cart to pull a club. Chip on the green and walk back to the cart for his putter. On one hole he was probably 40 yards short of the green and he actually paced it off! Infuriating.

The 7th green and 8th tee are close together. As I was walking off the 7th the guy invited me to play in with them. I declined. I nicely asked if I could play through. The guy replied that since there were only 2 holes left I might as well play with them. I just drove back to the club house.

One hour and 50 minutes to play 7 holes on a nearly deserted course.

Wi-Golfer

Golfer on hiatus.
Supporting Member
Jul 25, 2007
Madison, Wi
Country
United States United States
Couldn't help but laugh at your description of the guy walking back & forth. Have dealt with quite a bit of that this year, what's the matter with folks? Do they have no manners at all? Do they simply not care? Do they have alzheimers & have forgotten anyone else is on the course with them?

Snow

Sep 15, 2008
We all did the samething this afternoon.

It took 3 of us 2 1/4 hours to play 6 damn wholes.

We got behind a 48 Team Womens/Mens Scramble Tourney that we caught on the second whole.

We all rolled right up to the course so we had no idea until we caught up with them about this.

Sure would have been nice to know this ahead of time.

This course was perfect conditioned today, no wind around 75', geeze wish we had any heads up about it because none of us would have even played.

That comes to around 7 hours to finish the round, just a typical California round..LOL

I doubt bitching in the Pro shop after would have done any good but right now I wish I would have!!

This is the second time I got behind a Scramble Tourney in the last 7 days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guess I better start thinking of playing at the crack of dawn.

OP
W

WMitch6

Jul 24, 2006
If you grind the coffee, take out the trash, and bundle the recycling as well, I'm hot for you!

Sorry CfmC. You're 40 years to late. FWIW I do the garbage and the recycleables but she grinds the coffee. She's up early for work and i usually sleep in. However, I do meet her at the door most nights with a chilled glass of the grape.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.