• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Walked off the course today

Victory

Nov 18, 2007
too nice not to play today.. went off at 12:30 , 4 1/2 hours and little waiting.. but the marshal was present -- saw him at least every 4 holes and he worked the groups ahead of us.. but i do feel your pain. earlier int he year stopped after 9. 3 1/2 hours for 9. playing with my father - so we hit two balls each shot.. there was a 6 some ahead of us.. with a cart following full of kids- wife and a cooler in the back where the clubs go. at the turn i ask the pro- " you see what is going on out here"-- yea- what do you want me to do about it... enough said- packed it in and never been back. better luck next time wi*

Esox

Supporting Member
Aug 6, 2008
I was praying they would just hurry the hell up.

In regards to church, let's just say i'd rather not attend any church.

A golf course makes a fine church. This summer I've been very devout. I've gone to church at least twice a week since mid-June. I've attended five times in the last eight days alone. The more I go, the better I play. Wait, I mean pray.

Kevin

FATC1TY

Taylormade Ho' Magnet
May 29, 2008
I didn't even bother to play this weekend.

Went to the college game on sat afternoon.. nfl game on sunday.

After the game, drove around town.. drove by a course, and it was SLAMMED. Decided right then, I had made the right decision.

75-78* weather, no rain and partly cloudy.. It was packed everywhere this weekend.

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
Went out on Ives Grove which has three nines. I played with a couple and she was pretty decent and so was he. The mixed groups in front of us were hacks but not to the extent WG had in front of him. Beautiful day and I shot a decent score on the toughest (blue) nine (44). Two pars, one double bogey and the rest bogeys. Not great but I'm happy with that. :)

WMitch6

Jul 24, 2006
One of the benefits of playing an 27 hole course is that on Sundays the pro shop keeps one 9 hole side for singles and twosomes playing only 9. I don't think it's ever taken more than 2 hours to play 9 here.

We played 9 Sunday in 1:45. Nobody in front of us. We would have finished a bit quicker but we let a single through - I know the guy and he's a good player - and of course he lost his ball off the tee. We helped him look for it but he just dropped a ball and played on. After that we saw no one.

On Saturday the same course was two blocked as everyone is trying to get in as much golf as possible before the snow flies. The girl in the pro shop said it was their busiest day of the year.

OP
Wi-Golfer

Wi-Golfer

Golfer on hiatus.
Supporting Member
Jul 25, 2007
Madison, Wi
Country
Forgot to mention that the slow assed couple in front of me would constantly be looking for balls, & i'm not talking about a quick peek but that typical "i'm going to take 5 minutes to find my Nitro" crap. You suck, you lost yet another ball, write your 12 down on the scorecard & move on.

ClairefromClare

Like my balls?
Jul 23, 2008
Forgot to mention that the slow assed couple in front of me would constantly be looking for balls, & i'm not talking about a quick peek but that typical "i'm going to take 5 minutes to find my Nitro" crap. You suck, you lost yet another ball, write your 12 down on the scorecard & move on.

Watch it--that's my husband you're talking about! Fourteen drives, fourteen slices, fourteen ball searches at 5 minutes each. What's another hour plus on the round?

I finally got him to agree that if he finds a ball--any ball--he uses it. :p

OP
Wi-Golfer

Wi-Golfer

Golfer on hiatus.
Supporting Member
Jul 25, 2007
Madison, Wi
Country
Watch it--that's my husband you're talking about! Fourteen drives, fourteen slices, fourteen ball searches at 5 minutes each. What's another hour plus on the round?

I finally got him to agree that if he finds a ball--any ball--he uses it. :p

That's fine with me.
We aren't playing any tournaments, nobody is going to penalize you if you lose a ball, drop a new one, or play one you found.

Hopefully he will progress & get enough eventually where he can actually follow the rules, but for the vast majority of us it's just a game & we are supposed to have fun. I don't play $4 ProV1's so I can lose a ball & really don't care.

ClairefromClare

Like my balls?
Jul 23, 2008
That's fine with me.
We aren't playing any tournaments, nobody is going to penalize you if you lose a ball, drop a new one, or play one you found.

Hopefully he will progress & get enough eventually where he can actually follow the rules, but for the vast majority of us it's just a game & we are supposed to have fun. I don't play $4 ProV1's so I can lose a ball & really don't care.

Oh, let's not even get into the rules. There's nothing he ever does that's more than a one stroke penalty. Just ask him. :prop:

I may hit them short, but at least they're in the fairway. :thumbs up:

OP
Wi-Golfer

Wi-Golfer

Golfer on hiatus.
Supporting Member
Jul 25, 2007
Madison, Wi
Country
Oh, let's not even get into the rules. There's nothing he ever does that's more than a one stroke penalty. Just ask him. :prop:

I may hit them short, but at least they're in the fairway. :thumbs up:

Sounds like my kind of golfer:)

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.