• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Warming up on range before teeting off.

Silver

I don't have a handicap.
Dec 5, 2004
I see, well, then I guess don't tell him to stick it up his ass because you wanna practice.

I think 25 is the perfect amount to hit before a round, that gives you 10-15 for warm up and 10-15 for figuring out what direction your shots are going in and to get the wedge feel down for the day.

SilverUberXeno

El Tigre Blanco
Jul 26, 2005
They shouldn't. You're still hitting them at the range. Consider the front 9 a 2 hour or so break from the range =D

Clarencuzio

Scratch wannabe
Aug 26, 2005
I always like to hit like 5 or 10 balls before I go, usually I can find them left over from people who don't hit all their balls, like 5-10 yards from the range boxes, or on the putting greens...If I can't get them that way I just ask if I can get like 5 range balls, with the prices of green fees how could they say "no"?

When you do hit a few warmup shots though I recommend laying a club on the ground for alignment and following your pre-shot routine for each shot.

CKGuY914

simplicity vs complexity
Apr 8, 2005
I only hit balls when we play nicer courses where range is free, I am too cheap to purchase range balls. :p I play fine either way anyways, I just make sure I do a more extensive stretch when I didn't hit balls.

When we're short on time I'd much rather putt than hit a few balls before tee off. :miz:

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.