• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Was it the 4th July yesterday or what?

IrishGolfer

Fac ut gaudeam
Supporting Member
Sep 1, 2004
Played in our Winter League yesterday. We had a 4 ball, 1 guy off 6, two guys off 2 and myself off 5.

The conditions were close to perfect, a whisp of a breeze, overcast and warm for February. One of the guys, a 2 index left his game at home and had a terrible day. But the other three of us brought our A games. It was FIREWORKS!

It was an individual event but we worked out our cumulative score afterwards. Get this folks, for 16 holes we had a better ball of –13 and that included a BOGEY!!! At one point we went birdie, birdie, par, birdie, birdie, birdie, birdie, eagle, eagle, birdie.

After a poorish start, things took a turn on 7 and from +4 I ended up shooting a total of –1, which included 5 birdies in 7 holes!!! A new record for me (looks like the lessons paying off already!!) :) .

And get this the guy off six went birdie, eagle, eagle!! Yes folks that –5 for 3 consecutive holes!!!

Man, what a game. I finished with 37 points for 16, with 22 on the last eight and still got beaten on the back eight!! By the guy off 6. But the good news is that he is on my Winter League team!!

fore142

Oct 22, 2006
were you given strokes in this?? -5 for three holes without strokes would be truly amazing for anyone... even a pro...

Andy_79

Oct 6, 2005
Maybe one or two of the holes they may have birdied. Index holes for the 16-hole course seem to fall near the start and end of the round, although S.I. 2 hole is the 11th which Mark may have birdied.

Dan told me about it today, Mark. Kwality, like :) :) Hopefully get a game this week....

OP
IrishGolfer

IrishGolfer

Fac ut gaudeam
Supporting Member
Sep 1, 2004
were you given strokes in this?? -5 for three holes without strokes would be truly amazing for anyone... even a pro...

Nope, no strokes! He birdied a par 3 and then eagled two back to back par 5s, both with extraordinary putts from off the fringe of the green. This guy is a great putter.

The -13 was all gross with no shots. Not even begun to work out what our nett score would have been!!:laugh:

OP
IrishGolfer

IrishGolfer

Fac ut gaudeam
Supporting Member
Sep 1, 2004
Maybe one or two of the holes they may have birdied. Index holes for the 16-hole course seem to fall near the start and end of the round, although S.I. 2 hole is the 11th which Mark may have birdied.

Dan told me about it today, Mark. Kwality, like :) :) Hopefully get a game this week....

Yes indeed, birdied 7th, (should have birdied 8th!!) birdied 9th, 10th and 11th, then 14th and then missed a kick-in from 4ft on 15! Roller coaster stuff!

btw did Dan win his match today?
And did you get your new irons?

ManchesterGolfer

AKA.... Obi-Wan Ho-Nobi
Jan 4, 2006
You bunch of banditts!!! I thought that I'd had a good round today with my Par, Par, Eagle(on par 4), Par, Birdie (almost an eagle(Par 5)), Birdie (par 3) finish, but you guys take the biscuit.

Andy_79

Oct 6, 2005
Yes indeed, birdied 7th, (should have birdied 8th!!) birdied 9th, 10th and 11th, then 14th and then missed a kick-in from 4ft on 15! Roller coaster stuff!

btw did Dan win his match today?
And did you get your new irons?

Yeah, 4&3.
Yeah - they are top el notcho, but am still hitting them dead high. Am half wishing - at mo, anyway - that I had tried X100's, or even 7.0 Rifles if he had any kicking about. Beautiful feel off the clubface. Am looking forward to a (hopefully good) season with them. The TM's are away today, too :( :( :(

Will second the motion that the guy he speaks of is a great putter. Have witnessed him holing some truely outrageousputts; one of which was the entire length of a 37 yard green; was unreal ! :D

gwlee7

Ho's from Rocky Mount, NC
Supporting Member
Jun 15, 2005
Maybe you guys should challenge Tiger to a match. :prop:

Jun 24, 2006

The guy that won or club championship last year finished Birdie(par5), Eagle,(par4) Birdie(4), Birdie(4).

that was fun to watch from the club house. You can see from about 130 and in on 16, and all of 17 and 18. The guy was 17 years old I believe. Maybe 18. He's also the Jr. club champion. He beat me by like..6-7.

Now -5 for 3 holes?..that's pretty good. How many par 5's were there in those 3 holes?

fore142

Oct 22, 2006
The guy that won or club championship last year finished Birdie(par5), Eagle,(par4) Birdie(4), Birdie(4).

that was fun to watch from the club house. You can see from about 130 and in on 16, and all of 17 and 18. The guy was 17 years old I believe. Maybe 18. He's also the Jr. club champion. He beat me by like..6-7.

Now -5 for 3 holes?..that's pretty good. How many par 5's were there in those 3 holes?
he said two

🔥 Latest posts