• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Watch The Open Championship on radio...

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
United States United States
I've had the opportunity to "watch" a good portion of The Open Championship from my XM radio. The XM golf channel carries some British FM station, whose announcers have been a hoot!! After listening to the usual Johnny Miller, Nick Faldo, etc. these guys are really fun. My wife got a little peeved when she found me sitting in my pickup... in our driveway... listening to golf on the radio.

Thursday, one of these guys called (I believe) Jimenez "pretty". Wow! The discussion that followed would have never been allowed in the PC world of U.S. television. I almost had to pull to the side of the road, I was laughing so hard.

Friday, as Tiger was approaching 16, one of the announcers suggested "Tiger Woods needs to 'strap on his manhood' if he's going to keep from missing the cut." A little later, as it was apparent TW was going to miss the cut for only the 5th or 6th time in his pro career, we heard in jest "This is ONLY the Open Championship. And THAT is Tiger Woods. 70 and ties? I can't believe the R&A won't make it 80 and ties so we have Tiger with us for the last 36 holes!"

A discussion ensued when someone was noted for his "loud" pants. One of the announcers suggested "He wears those because they're his 'lucky pants'". His counterpart says "And you would expect him to wear his 'unlucky pants'... or no pants at all???"

If these guys are a weekly venue for those who follow the European Tour... you are some lucky folks! I, for one, have dreampt I'd so enjoy watching golf on a radio!!!!!

FATC1TY

Taylormade Ho' Magnet
May 29, 2008
Might have to check it out.. The coverage on TV blows. Infact, all I've seen is just little highlights..

Hate it.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.