• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Waushara Country Club - Wautoma, WI

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
This course has 3 "nines" and costs a fortune ($40+) to play. The greens are faster then the US Open and the Masters.... Seriously. The greens also are like landing on cement. You cannot land a high shot on these greens and expect them to hold. They'll bounce 30 feet into the sky and then off the back. There's a hot shot in this forum that shoots amazing scores on this course and it's not sssmokin although he plays it pretty good. They all say "you have to land it in front of the green and let it bounce or roll on". This is not golf. You should be able to land a high iron shot in the middle of the green and have it hold. These greens are so hard you don't even make a ball mark!

http://www.wausharacountryclub.com/

sssmokin

Retired and loving it
Supporting Member
Jul 2, 2006
Central Wisconsin
Country
Waaa.........waaaa........waaaa. It's a nice course.............tough, but nice. Not long.........so they have to make it a test somehow. The greens are in great shape, just not soft. They putt true........you just have to read it correctly with the right speed. You can land the ball on the front of the green......you just can't land it by the pin and expect it to stop right there. Big deal. "Senior" rate with a cart is $36 for 18............not that bad. WBL didn't even have to pay for this round........I did. I think he's turning into a grumpy old man.

jhmeg2

Sep 16, 2011
Hancock, Wisconsin
Country
turning into a grumpy old man.......already done that. its not a hard course. He can't hold a green cause he can't hit the green. I fix a lot of ball marks on our greens. our greens are very fast, if you have been having to hit your three wood to get half way accross the greens on your home course. Don't hate WBL... its ok. if you want to learn how to play, just ask. don't be but hurt....

jhmeg2

Sep 16, 2011
Hancock, Wisconsin
Country
turning into a grumpy old man.......already done that. its not a hard course. He can't hold a green cause he can't hit the green. I fix a lot of ball marks on our greens. our greens are very fast, if you have been having to hit your three wood to get half way accross the greens on your home course. Don't hate WBL... its ok. if you want to learn how to play, just ask. don't be but hurt....
;) JUST SAYIN

OP
warbirdlover

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
He can't hold a green cause he can't hit the green.

I was landing on them as good as everybody else also.

Why do I feel I'm at WRX?

My golf game gets made fun of because I didn't like WCC? What the hell is that? "If I want to learn to play"? I've been playing for 50 years and have been taught by former college golfers, one who holds the amateur record on the river course at Black Wolf Run. Might just have something to do with being an old man which you'll get to experience some day.

sssmokin

Retired and loving it
Supporting Member
Jul 2, 2006
Central Wisconsin
Country
He hit some good iron shots.............he played good. But he landed next to the pin......shots were high. Just won't hold on our greens. You don't have to attack his game.

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
Neutral corners all! Lol!

Remember we all are just trying to chat about golf and maybe get some pointers here and there.

Jeez, felt like the gun thread for a second! :)

OP
warbirdlover

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
Well, my game is what it is at 66 years old. I've put a lot of work into it so get pretty sensitive when someone makes fun of my attempts at golfing.

I did shoot a 42 42 for an 84 with my buddy Vic the next day beating him by one stroke. Had birdies on 8 and 9 and 14 and lot's of pars to offset some double bogeys.

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
Well, my game is what it is at 66 years old. I've put a lot of work into it so get pretty sensitive when someone makes fun of my attempts at golfing.

I did shoot a 42 42 for an 84 with my buddy Vic the next day beating him by one stroke. Had birdies on 8 and 9 and 14 and lot's of pars to offset some double bogeys.
I played last week and double bogeys killed any chance I had at a decent score. Those and my driving that was all over the place! LOL

Nikonut

Apr 24, 2008
N. Texas
Country
If I can and am, playing at 66yrs old - 10 years from now, I give the props to warbirdlover :)
And I reserve the right to be hating on a few courses. ;)

sssmokin

Retired and loving it
Supporting Member
Jul 2, 2006
Central Wisconsin
Country
I agree. WBL is my brother, and jhmeg2 is one of my golf buddies. That's why I say what I feel to them. Just was giving my Bro some s....t for just not adjusting to the course conditions different from his home course. I don't hate his home course, but I don't like the soft muddy fairways. No roll, the ball just plugs in the mud.

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
I agree. WBL is my brother, and jhmeg2 is one of my golf buddies. That's why I say what I feel to them. Just was giving my Bro some s....t for just not adjusting to the course conditions different from his home course. I don't hate his home course, but I don't like the soft muddy fairways. No roll, the ball just plugs in the mud.
We've had like 15 straight days here where it has rained for at least a little while. Most of those days we have gotten torrential downpours. All our fairways are plugging. Oh and did I mention the humidity? Its oppressive to say the least...it was nicer in Virginia!

dedicatedhacker

Jan 12, 2013
Altus Oklahoma
Country
We've had like 15 straight days here where it has rained for at least a little while. Most of those days we have gotten torrential downpours. All our fairways are plugging. Oh and did I mention the humidity? Its oppressive to say the least...it was nicer in Virginia!
Send us some rain! We're in water restrictions

🔥 Latest posts