• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

WBL vs. sssmokin: Rd. 1

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
Today was the brother competition's first day. First nine sssmokin came "smokin" out of the blocks and got me by 2, 42 to 44. Second nine I came roaring(?) back to beat him 40 to 42 so we are tied at 84 for the first day with the playoff 18 tommorrow... :D

The driving contest was slightly in favor of sssmokin but not by much. Nickents saved both our asses numerous times and the Heavy Putter helped me at least putt respectible. Most of our putting problems came from poor reads of the greens. Both of us hit our 3-woods and chipped superbly!! :D

The Ping irons were working fantastic for both of us. Bring on your Mizzies!! :laugh:

Scotty01292

Mmmmmmmm..... Cake.......
Oct 16, 2005
WBL, you won today, on Best Inward Half (BIH/Countback), as you had the better back 9... Only if you're not playing ties would that count though.

OP
warbirdlover

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
Razor didn't want to play to today as he doesn't like the Illinois people up here on vacation now. (If you're from Illinois you're in trouble)... :D

BTW, sssmokin slightly won the driving contest because he took "the Rapture Challenge" and crushed my Rapture for his longest drive. :D

sssmokin

Retired and loving it
Supporting Member
Jul 2, 2006
Central Wisconsin
Country
Razor will be joining us tomorrow................it's free golf at Two Oaks (just have to pay for cart) on Memorial Day. If it's free, it seems to be okay if there are Illinois golfers everywhere. Besides, he might enjoy hitting into them now and then.....................here's the damage report from today: G=sssmokin, and J=Warbirdlover:

golfcard.jpg

VtDivot

SLIGHTERED
Supporting Member
Apr 16, 2005
Sssmokin makes the only bird, and on the #1 HCP hole to boot. Nice work.

In our Nassau this game would have been a draw 9 for WBL 9 for Smokin and split on the total. Smoking would have gotten the trash for the bird and the long drive

What tees did you guys play?

OP
warbirdlover

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
And before you hotshots tell us how easy this course is you have to play it. Tight narrow fairways where you have to get your drive between trees forty yards ahead that are spaced twenty yards apart. Trees in the middle of the fairway, traps right about the distance normal people hit their drives and some island greens, hills and doglegs. Add in 20-30 mph winds today (mostly in our face) and we actually played quite well.... :D

Waushara Country Club - Golf in Wautoma, Wisconsin

mont86

Supporting Member
Nov 5, 2005
Razor will be joining us tomorrow................it's free golf at Two Oaks (just have to pay for cart) on Memorial Day. If it's free, it seems to be okay if there are Illinois golfers everywhere. Besides, he might enjoy hitting into them now and then.....................here's the damage report from today: G=sssmokin, and J=Warbirdlover

So sssmokin you're starting to see Razor too?....:):laugh:

That is funny about how he might enjoy hitting into them.

Have at it.

ezra76

Feb 5, 2006
Way to go guys, good shootin.

I started off at 93 this afternoon. I played the blues since it was slow in front of me, figured it would make for teeing off sooner. I realized by hole 3 they must have had a tournament very recently, they were all like 2 yds. from the back rough. I was proud I hit the GIR on 17 with a good drive and fricken hybrid. :)

I played 27 and shot 3 over off the whites on the front on the last 9. That course beat the crap out of me off the blues today.

sssmokin

Retired and loving it
Supporting Member
Jul 2, 2006
Central Wisconsin
Country
VtDivot posted: Sssmokin makes the only bird, and on the #1 HCP hole to boot. Nice work.
I crushed my drive........middle of the fairway. Then I hit that 3 wood with the Limey to right in front of the green. It felt so sweet............I love that shaft. Chipped on but went 20 feet past the hole. Made a big bending putt for the bird. By far the best hole I've played this year. This was into a pretty strong breeze. :)

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.