• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

We got us a storm

IrishGolfer

Fac ut gaudeam
Supporting Member
Sep 1, 2004
Thanks so much to my American friends for sending Ireland Ophelia. It's batten down the hatches time for the next 24 hours. And no I won't be playing golf in this one.

65d4e547-fd42-47fc-ab93-8cfd74285f85

Attachments

• upload_2017-10-16_15-17-20.png
    upload_2017-10-16_15-17-20.png
    341.8 KB · Views: 83

SiberianDVM

I love Hooters
Jul 25, 2005
Augusta, GA
Country
United States United States
Thanks so much to my American friends for sending Ireland Ophelia. It's batten down the hatches time for the next 24 hours. And no I won't be playing golf in this one.

65d4e547-fd42-47fc-ab93-8cfd74285f85

Most TS this time of year originate in the breeding grounds off the northwest coast of Africa, so you're probably blaming the wrong folks. Besides, we like to share.
at201717.gif

OP
IrishGolfer

IrishGolfer

Fac ut gaudeam
Supporting Member
Sep 1, 2004
I survived! To be honest I think it was a little overhyped. The schools have been closed yesterday and today; a lot of companies closed up early and sent staff home early (not me!). But by the time the storm got to where we are at it had decreased in strength and in fact, it just felt a little windy. I've probably played golf in worse.

So I fight on to live another day, which is nice!

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
A friend in Scotland also said that, thankfully, it was over-hyped. She said they lost electricity for a few hours, but was already back on. Always better to over-prepare for these things than thumb your nose at them and suffer for the arrogance. So glad you and your family suffered no ill effects.

azgreg

"Don't count that."
Supporting Member
Sep 20, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
Country
I survived! To be honest I think it was a little overhyped. The schools have been closed yesterday and today; a lot of companies closed up early and sent staff home early (not me!). But by the time the storm got to where we are at it had decreased in strength and in fact, it just felt a little windy. I've probably played golf in worse.

So I fight on to live another day, which is nice!
Does Ireland get hit by hurricanes often?

OP
IrishGolfer

IrishGolfer

Fac ut gaudeam
Supporting Member
Sep 1, 2004
Does Ireland get hit by hurricanes often?

We are exposed to the North Atlantic and regularly get battered by wind and rain. Normally by the time your storms reach us, they are not as powerful. This one hit South West Ireland fairly hard, by the time it got to us it was done.

🔥 Latest posts