• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Weather Roulette

IrishGolfer

Fac ut gaudeam
Supporting Member
Sep 1, 2004
Played on Saturday in a Turkey competition. Played really well in incessant rain for 36 hard earned stableford points. Finished up like a wet towel. Took me 5 mins to warm up in the shower. I won the sweep in our group and kinda thought I had an outside chance of winning a turkey (top 5 get birds). The weather got better as the day progressed.

So I checked the scores yesterday. The winner had 44 points, 2nd and 4rd had 42s, in fact 40 points didn't even get a bird! What chance did I ever have? I maybe left 2-3 shots on the course but to make up 8 shots? No chance.

Shheeeesshhhhhh!

At least my ball striking has improved since I've had a few lessons. Well worth the investment. Enjoying it again.

Bobtee

Oct 29, 2009
Sounds like you had a pretty good round and went through some hard, wet, rain conditions!!!! I think you deserved a turkey after all of that! Anyways, you felt good about your ball striking, so that was satisfying and made it fun for you. Hit em good!!!!!!

Members online

No members online now.