• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Weather...

VtDivot

SLIGHTERED
Supporting Member
Apr 16, 2005
Well it's been flurries here for the past 3 days... no real accumulation, but staying at or hovering around freezing. Seeing all the beauty of Augusta National is killing me. I reckon it will be the end of the month before we can play a decent round of golf here in Northern VT. There are 2 courses open in my area that I know of, but both are in winter conditions with temp greens and stuff. I'd love to get a game in next week before I head to CT, but the forcast is for 30s and snow all week :(

Ok I'm done feeling sorry for myself... how's the weather down there EZ?

On a side note, the leg is starting to come around a little bit.

GO HABS GO!!!! Must win tonight!

ezra76

Feb 5, 2006
Little cool but not all that bad. I've been playing right on through winter so not a big deal. It was a little above 40* yesterday but not much wind and the sun poked through a few times. I just wear long johns under my normal golf pants, thin long john shirt with a looser thermal shirt over it and the short sleeved Ashworth windbreaker that Amatuer dude gave me. I personally don't like playing in shorts anyway. :laugh:

Hopefully it will hit 50's or even low 60's when you come down.

OP
VtDivot

VtDivot

SLIGHTERED
Supporting Member
Apr 16, 2005
I just tried to hit a ball into the woods behind my house and almost fell down when my groin gave way.... I'll need to rest for the remainder of the week.

Sean

Worm Burner
Aug 24, 2006
I just tried to hit a ball into the woods behind my house and almost fell down when my groin gave way.... I'll need to rest for the remainder of the week.

Use a CLUB next time. What are, a tripod?

Sorry to hear this. I'm coming back from a double hernia surgery in late january and still feel a twinge periodically. I was a little soar after my round this afternoon.

Take care and give it some rest!

OP
VtDivot

VtDivot

SLIGHTERED
Supporting Member
Apr 16, 2005
Use a CLUB next time. What are, a tripod?

Sorry to hear this. I'm coming back from a double hernia surgery in late january and still feel a twinge periodically. I was a little soar after my round this afternoon.

Take care and give it some rest!

My wife thinks it might be a hernia... what are the symptoms? I hurt it going after a loose puck along the boards about a week ago. Felt and heard a pop along the left side of mr wiggly ;)

wirehair

Life's too short to drink cheap wine.
Apr 29, 2005
Hey, which of you norhern dwellers sent all this Cold down to the Republic of Texas? I got snowed on today! Shut it down after 8 holes. I admit it I'm a wimp.

Sean

Worm Burner
Aug 24, 2006
My wife thinks it might be a hernia... what are the symptoms? I hurt it going after a loose puck along the boards about a week ago. Felt and heard a pop along the left side of mr wiggly ;)

When my Inguinal (tear in the abdominal wall wear the spermatic cord enters the scrotum) happened I never felt it, nbot even sure when it happened. One morning I woke up and my left side of my scrotum looked like someone stuffed a grapfruit in it, I panicked, went to the doc and it was my intestines! Nasty I know!

What you describe Soundslike a hernia to me. Seriously go check it out, if it gets strangulated (the tear heals around a piece of intestine) the intestine will begin to die, you'll be in severe pain, and you'll need EMERGENCY surgery.

I also had a umbilical hernia at th same time. That one I felt, a distinct *pop* sensation. That one was just fat coming through my ab muscles though, so it wasn't nearly as bad.

Go see a doc!

Sean

Worm Burner
Aug 24, 2006
Hey, which of you norhern dwellers sent all this Cold down to the Republic of Texas? I got snowed on today! Shut it down after 8 holes. I admit it I'm a wimp.

That was me. I was trying to repay the warm you southern boys sent up here in January! If you don't mind me saying so you're coming off as a little ungrateful.:laugh: lol.

OP
VtDivot

VtDivot

SLIGHTERED
Supporting Member
Apr 16, 2005
Sean - mine's in my leg... actually my inner thigh, pretty much as high up as you can go, sounds like a groin strain to me.

🔥 Latest posts