• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Website ideas and feedback wanted

Stanters

Trinket King
Aug 13, 2006
Hi guys

I have got the wheels in motion to start up my own golfing website and wondered if you could give me some thoughts on what I intend to do and any ideas on would like to see in addition to make it as appealing as possible.

It's going to be an online lessons based site with a some sub-sections on tournament news, betting and equipment thrown in but the main focus will be the lessons. I am friends with a Certiified PGA Pro and obviously he will be doing the tuition.

How it will work is a customer sends us a video of their swing via a file sharing service. It will be reviewed and the pro will record his own personal response and return it in the same manner. The site will include instructions on how to send the vids etc and how to unzip them.

There will be a brief questionnaire to complete asking for hcap, any injuries/ailments, goals/objectives and length of time playing type stuff.

We will have some demo vids that can be viewed for free to give people an idea of how it works and the usual testimonials from current students of his and a bio page including his overall philosophy on golf and coaching.

We haven't fixed a definite pricing structure yet but I was thinking along the lines of around $12 for a single lesson and a packages of 3 and 5 lessons at $30 and $40 respectively. I would have thought it best to show the prices in both US and GB Sterling so people aren't put off by not being able see immediately just how much they cost.

So if you can spare me a few mins please fire away. Be honest - I know you will lol - because being kind for the sake of it won't do me any favours. Do you think it's a sound idea? Is there anything you would do differently? Is there anything obvious that I appear to have missed?

I appreciate any help I may get here - thx in advance

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
Just remember, people won't pay for something they can get for free. Especially on the internet.

I believe there is a website up currently that you can upload your video to and it gives you tools that allow you to go slow mo and draw on the video. It allows people to critique your video and they have pro's there that comment on video's as well(i think anyway). My Google foo is weak and i can't seem to find it.

I think you may have a market if you get a really good reputation. Having a long list of people that have given you good feedback on the site would convince more people that the $12 is well spent. I think some promotional work would help this cause. Maybe a few video's of people he has trained in real life giving their props to this pros teaching ability.

You are competing with thousands of in person pro's, thousands of online help magazines, periodicals, etc.

This wasn't a very positive post, but with that said, i wish you very well in anything you may start. I have great respect for the entrepreneurial spirit. I don't have that kind of guts to try something like that.

🔥 Latest posts