• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Website Suggestions

indacup

Supporting Member
Jun 1, 2007
Iowa
We have decided that our website is in dire need of not just a facelift, but completely revised from ground up.

We have hired an extremely good, cutting edge company who will work with me starting Jan 3rd to begin the design process to make what I hope to raise the bar in golf equipment websites, both functionally and cosmetically.

However, what looks good to one person, may not look good for another.

So I am asking you all for input in what you would like to see in a golf equipment (component/assembled)website...as well as things you hope NOT to see.

Thanks!

bames

Purchased a better game
Supporting Member
Jan 8, 2006
Utah
Country
United States United States
I will think about this more, but one thing I have always been fond of is live online support.

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Do you want feedback on here... even if that feedback might include other sites as examples? Or, do you perfer PMs??

Bignose

Oct 23, 2006
I would like to see a shopping cart that shows the assembled club(s): i.e. it shows the head + shaft + grip for each club. + any alterations asked (i.e. bent 2* strong, lie is 1 * flat, 1" shorter than standard etc.). Maybe even an interactive club builder that starts off with a question like: "what kind of club would you like to assemble? Driver, fairway wood, hybrid, iron, wedge or putter?" Then when you pick driver it asks, R or L handed?, which driver head do you want?, what loft?, then what shaft, then what grip, etc. All based on what components you can get, etc. If possible, this should also allow you to pick adjustments to the length, and report the swing weight and MOI. It would also be neat to be able to build 2 or 3 clubs side by side, and the be able to compare them (specs and cost); i.e. if I changed the shaft to this brand, how much more would that be.

I would like to see an ability to ask for heads to be hand picked (i.e. pick a driver head that is 8.7*). I think that many people don't know that this is possible any fairly common in the component world, and bringing the option to attention may be eye opening for some.

I would like to see an estimate of the time it takes to acquire the components and assemble.

I would like to see something that gives a recommendation of what stiffness shaft -- i.e. input your swing speed, and whether you have a smooth, aggressive, or in-between transition. The user can still pick what they want, but if they don't know, it would be nice to have a tool. Also, the tool would know that at 95 mph, that is brand A's regular shaft, but brand B's stiff shaft, etc.

I would like to see various matching of sets offered, such as swingweight matching, MOI matching, the True Length Technology matching, etc.

I would like to see all the spec information be available for each club head. I.e. lofts, lies, weights, what size shaft the hole is, offset, bounce, and maybe what the standard length is.

In general, I think that the more you show your customers that the clubs are truly customized and fit to them, while still keeping the interface easy and accessible, the better. Make the more detailed information available to those who want it, but don't overwhelm people who don't know about it. A good designer should be able to make an interface like this.

xamilo

Right Curving Driver....
Supporting Member
Dec 22, 2007
I visit your site on a regular basis, and I think one of the main lack is the availability of product photographs or descriptions. Everything always points up to "call for more info", but sometimes showing a little bit more is much better. For examples, shafts just give a chart. Wouldn't it be nicer to have each haft with its own picture? I know you distribute Nakashima products because you sold me some, but if I was a visitor I would have never guessed so! I click into wedges and you don't even mention them! Why not advertise the products? Why not find pictures and post them? Maybe finding some Nakashima Irons in your site and looking at the pictures will make the difference between buying them from you or just going for the usual Callaway's at Edwin Watts..

IrishGolfer

Fac ut gaudeam
Supporting Member
Sep 1, 2004
A reviews section, even if it is linking to outside sources. Some of these components are relatively obscure. To have testimonials from real people, describing flight, ease of use, ability to shape, etc. would be great. NOT advertorials! Nothing worse that "I now hit it 50 yards further dead straight with my new magic weapon".

Some sort of comparison, eg TVC is similar to R7 TP

Some sort of fitting feature. Ask for height, swing speed, "hitter" v. "swinger", handicap, normal shape and flight, problems etc. That way you can recomend combinations of heads and shafts. I have bought a few things from you and really appreciated the time you have taken to match stuff up for me. You could provide some of this in a fitting feature.

I agree with Bames on live online support.

And like Amazon, a "people who bought this also bought" feature. ie People who bought eg TVC head also bought Motore shaft.

Good luck with site Rory.

OP
indacup

indacup

Supporting Member
Jun 1, 2007
Iowa
Wow! You guys are awesome!

Some great ideas I already decided to do...and many I never even THOUGHT of! Great ideas!!!

Thanks!!!!

wirehair

Life's too short to drink cheap wine.
Apr 29, 2005
Don't let your web developer lose sight of the purpose of your site. You have clearly specified that in your agreement haven't you?

Sometimes those guys get lost in the artistic and cutting edge aspects. If that happens, their objectives become superior to yours, and you end up with a beautiful and artistic POS.

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Your "Testimonials" are waaaayyy old. If I was wanting to use that link to see if you were a reputable company, I might assume there had been a change of ownership/management. The "new" folks weren't as customer friendly as the old. Incorrect assumption, but with only old testimonials.... Either keep fresh testimonials or get rid of that all together.

No "Supplies". If I want to order a clubhead and a shaft, I have to go somewhere else for epoxy. Why? Have some ferrules and epoxy... at the least... available. Or, "kit" clubs. Have a cost that will be added to any clubhead/shaft that will include epoxy, ferrule, grip and grip tape. That way, a person could order a single unit and assemble him/herself. When there is no entries under a category, it's best to delete that category. Otherwise, it looks like you are not really in the business.

Same goes for "Closeouts". In today's economy, people are looking for bargains. It may not be a real bargain, but if tagged as such.... Change "Closeouts" to "Web Specials" or some other term that indicates cost savings. Then, on a monthly basis, move one item to that area at a discounted price. Move it back to the regular spot at the end of that month. You might be surprised how many folks would purchase something if they knew they were getting a $2.00 discount.

Offer some explanation/description of the "Innovation" grips. This is a relatively unknown company within the industry. Many of us have found we prefer Lamkin or GP, etc. We're not opposed to change... if that change is good. Again, if I can only order head and shaft and must go somewhere else for grips and other supplies... why pay shipping on the small items from another source. Why not purchase all from "Site X"??

I love the abilty to look at the driver selection and see the loft spectrum that is offered. Don't give up that feature!!!! If I want a high loft driver, there is no need to click on the head that says "7.5 to 12". Those that say "9 to 16" will get my attention. Good feature!!!

Can I purchase assembled clubs? What is that added cost? Used to be component clubs would not hold their resale, compared to OEMs. In today's depressed market... NOTHING holds resale value. So... the "hit" I will take on a specific club might be less with a componet club than and OEM. Offer an "assembly" fee... keep it low... that will encourage folks to go ahead and have you assemble and ship to them.

IrishGolfer

Fac ut gaudeam
Supporting Member
Sep 1, 2004
Would also like to see some articles on equipment, eg trends, changes in rules (eg grooves), golf ball technology, best grips to use in wet, backweighting, bounce on sand wedges etc. That sort of stuff educates the buyer, keeps him loyal to your site and hopefully convinces him to buy from you.

🔥 Latest posts