• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Wedge distances on shaft

MattyB

Not a sheep shagger.
Supporting Member
Dec 30, 2012
Country
New Zealand New Zealand
Anyone able to confirm that writing my distances for my wedges on the shafts is ok to do?
Been trying to google it but cant find anything on it.
Instead of checking a booklet etc each shot, i can just check the shafts and sooner or later know them off by heart.

Fairwaysplitter3320

Recovering Equipment Ho...off the wagon again.
Staff member
Admin
Sep 7, 2013
Chapel Hill, TN
Country
United States United States
Anyone able to confirm that writing my distances for my wedges on the shafts is ok to do?
Instead of checking a booklet etc each shot, i can just check the shafts and sooner or later know them off by heart.
As far as I know it's legal, Grahame McDowell actually writes it on the club head itself.

subsonic

Supporting Member
Oct 21, 2008
I have seen them written on the clubheads of pros, so I think it is ok as far as the rules go.

OP
MattyB

MattyB

Not a sheep shagger.
Supporting Member
Dec 30, 2012
Country
New Zealand New Zealand
Perfect. That's good enough for me team. Time to go rip up the tournament tomorrow! After
I sleep off this booze lead night...

Louie_T07

Sep 19, 2008
Sarnia, ON
Country
Canada Canada

It's a great idea and have actually read about it several times, in different articles. Let us know how it goes!!

ualtim

Carrollton, TX
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2005
Country
United States United States
Dave Pelz uses those small circular stickers with multiple distances for his clock face wedge swing positions. Puts them on the shaft just below the grip.

🔥 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online