• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Wedge Heads

MIKE1218

Top Bloke
Dec 21, 2006
Why do you dislike the Malby stuff, Rock? I think the m-series black wedge I built is superb.

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
Why do you dislike the Malby stuff, Rock? I think the m-series black wedge I built is superb.

I don't like the finish on the Maltby stuff. Just looks cheap. Same goes for some of the Snake Eyes stuff. Totally my opinion tho.

I'm pretty picky about wedges. They're an integral part of your bag, so why not spend a few more bucks getting something that both performs and looks like a million bucks at the same time?

Only this man's opinion. Defend Maltby and Snake Eyes all you want, it won't change my feelings on them. I'm not saying they're garbage equipment, I'm just saying that there are other offerings out there that fit my eye better.

R35

MIKE1218

Top Bloke
Dec 21, 2006
Gotcha. Finish is personal; I happen to like the black colored wedges, so the maltby was a good choice for me.

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
Gotcha. Finish is personal; I happen to like the black colored wedges, so the maltby was a good choice for me.

Excellent.

I went through a phase of loving Gunmetal wedges, but the finish wears off so quickly that that love affair was short lived. I liked satin, but it's so hard to find.

The Naks have a satin face and a chrome back, so it's kinda the best of both worlds. Bling in the bag and no glare in your face.

I'm biased, of course.

R35

MGP

Clubmaking Ho
Supporting Member
Apr 21, 2007
They're no worse than any component other than Maltby or Snake Eyes which are cheap (for a reason, IMO).

The Naks spin the ball like crazy and look equally as sweet. They have a fantastic finish on them. It'll be hard to go back with anything else.

Have a go with the Nak. Worst case scenario, you sell it. Someone will buy it, I guarantee it.

R35

Excellent.

I went through a phase of loving Gunmetal wedges, but the finish wears off so quickly that that love affair was short lived. I liked satin, but it's so hard to find.

The Naks have a satin face and a chrome back, so it's kinda the best of both worlds. Bling in the bag and no glare in your face.

I'm biased, of course.

R35

Exactly. In fact I love wedges cast from 30x stainless in a satin finish and it's really hard to find them. The Naks look gorgeus and they aren't that expensive. I was surprised when I looked them up on Ken's (Victory Golf) site.

OP
eclark53520

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
A little update here...

I ended up buying a 52º and a 56º Maltby M series wedge packs...for both clubs shipped it was < $50....so really even if i dont like them i am not out much.

I will probably play them for a while, pick up some Naks like i want and put these in the guestbag cuz it needs some wedges anyway. Once i build my new irons, i will have a full guestbag...but i need another bag...

Ordered from GolfWorks on thursday afternoon and they arrived at my door on monday. I dont have much to compare to, but i like thefinish. I got them glued up and curing in the basement, today i will be gripping them and hopefully haev enough time to hit them a few times.

LyleG

gear head
Aug 10, 2006
Country
Canada Canada
Great choice E. Personally, anyone who spends more than $50 on a wedge head is nuts.

LyleG

gear head
Aug 10, 2006
Country
Canada Canada
CER 8620 OIL SOAKED WEDGE HEAD

they are like 19$ for the kit, look reallly close to a vokey and preform almost as good too

These are the ones I play. Every bit as good as the vokey spin milled I had. I soaked mine in coke to get the oil out and have let them rust. They feel great, spin well and are extremely playable. I built a 52-56-60 with FST shafts and sharpro grips for less than $75 for all 3.

buykrux

May 15, 2009
im a lefty and of course they dont have the * i wanted
my dad has made the move from ping eye2+'s to cobra pro mbs after bugging him over and over to switch to players irons but he cant get the eye3 wedges out of his hands, he loves the high bounce wedges
he picked up these to try before dropping the cash on vokeys and he may just keep these
great clubs especially for the price

LyleG

gear head
Aug 10, 2006
Country
Canada Canada
What lofts were you looking for? I am a lefty as well and just bend mine to where I want them.

LeftyHoges

I've got the pants that'll make you dance!
Supporting Member
Jun 11, 2007
Portland, VIC, Australia
Country
Australia Australia
What lofts were you looking for? I am a lefty as well and just bend mine to where I want them.

Lefty here too, obviously. If I wanted a 54, bending the 56 would obviously be the way to go. But that would decrease the bounce to 10*, correct? Is that too little for sand play?

🔥 Latest posts