• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Wedge Heads

mddubya

Hybrid convert
Nov 6, 2007
Lefty here too, obviously. If I wanted a 54, bending the 56 would obviously be the way to go. But that would decrease the bounce to 10*, correct? Is that too little for sand play?

My Srixon 56º has only 8º bounce. In really powdery sand I wish it had more, but most times its fine.

LBlack14

Enjoy Life!
Supporting Member
May 5, 2008
Ohio
Country
United States United States
Guess who has a 56*& 60* NX1 used heads collecting dust?:laugh:

xamilo

Right Curving Driver....
Supporting Member
Dec 22, 2007
What's the real difference between the NX-1 and the NP-1 Naks?

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
What's the real difference between the NX-1 and the NP-1 Naks?

Cast vs Forged, respectively.

I prefer the NP-1's for the feel, but the NX-1's are a GREAT alternative. Same grooves, head shape (more or less) and options. No LH option tho. Price difference is very little.

R35

OP
eclark53520

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
I got the clubs assembled, but my first attempt at blowing on grips failed misserably....i stretched the first one, but the second one went on perfectly...

Tomorrow i am going down to illinois with a friend of mine...were hitting the cabelas on the way and stopping by the golfsmith and whatever other golf stores we can find down there.

Pick up some grips and other club-making supplies....see what kinda trouble i can get myself into with the future wife :D

OP
eclark53520

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
The trip down to Ill. was great...stopped at Golfsmith, Golf-Galaxy, sports authority(sucked), and Cabelas on the way back.

Picked up some grips at golfsmith and spent about 2 hours there molesting their putters, then hit a really run-down sports authority that had nothing, and then spent another 2 hours molesting more putters over at the golf-galaxy across the street. THey had TONS of putters new/used and all sorts of different varieties...tried some belly/chest putters...didnt do real well with them.

ANYWAY...the clubs are built, hit a few in the back yard last night and they feel great. I cant wait to get these to the chipping/pitching green and give them a workout.

They feel REALLY heavy though...would a heavier shaft make the head feel lighter? I dont have a swingweight scale so i have no clue what they swingweight at...

Pa Jayhawk

Nov 15, 2005
Country
They feel REALLY heavy though...would a heavier shaft make the head feel lighter? I dont have a swingweight scale so i have no clue what they swingweight at...
Don't really know the answer to your question outside of the fact that if the weight is below the 14 inches of the grip, it will effect the swingweight. So I would guess it will somehow effect the SW depending on the shaft design and the fact that it is also heavier below that point, but would depend on how the weight of the shaft is balanced through the shaft. Also realize if you use lighter or heavier grips, it will reflect on the SW calculation even though it will not effect the SW because the grip is in the 14" Fulcrum.

Although my reason for posting was this SW calculator, that you can get a pretty good idea by simply using a kitchen scale and a tape measurer. Also has a pretty good explanation of SW:
Swing Weight Calculator

OP
eclark53520

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
I played my first round with them last night.

Wow... fantastic clubs and the weight was perfect. I think the heavier clubs really helped me around the greens.

One particular hole sold me. Second hole is a 160ish par 3, i pushed one, ended up on a slightly downhill lie with about 10ish feet of green to work with which was slightly downhill as well.

Got perfect contact but landed it a bit further than i wanted it to, with any other club in my bag that would have been WAY past the hole. This thing checked up HARD and stuck to about 3 feet. I then proceeded to miss the downhill par putt about a half inch short.

Unfortunately i did not get to hit any full shots with these clubs. The shortest full swing club i had all round was my pitching wedge.

Probably my best chipping/pitching round yet. Shot bogey on every hole for a 45.

🔥 Latest posts