• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Wedge help.

OP
T

tomba26

Jun 29, 2005
Again, thanks for all the replies guys.
For those of you using a 60 wedge with 4 degrees bounce, are you actually able to use this effectively from sand (not deep stuff obviously)? It just seems that 4 degrees would not offer much help in a bunker.

OP
T

tomba26

Jun 29, 2005
bdcrowe said:
Since he has a low bounce 60* wedge (as I do) to hit out of hard to medium sand, and a 3/4 pitching wedge to hit off of hard lies, then a higher bounce sand wedge in the bag covers nicely for soft sand, fluffy lies, etc...

Just pointing out mutiple viewpoints; not conspiring.

Take care.

Thanks for the info. I take it by a low bounce 60 degree wedge you are talking about the 60.08 I am looking at or do you mean the very low bounce 60.04?
Just out of interest what bounce have you got on your 60 degree wedge?

bdcrowe

ST Homeland Security
Aug 30, 2004
Hi tomba. My 60* is around 8. I also have a gap wedge around 6, so I have some choices to play with out of the fairway, and out of sand.

OP
T

tomba26

Jun 29, 2005
bdcrowe said:
Hi tomba. My 60* is around 8. I also have a gap wedge around 6, so I have some choices to play with out of the fairway, and out of sand.

Thanks for the input bdcrowe. Are you able to play the flop with your 60.08 wedge (with the bounce) or is it not a shot you play (I only use it myself from a semi-fluffy lie)?

OP
T

tomba26

Jun 29, 2005
bdcrowe said:
The flop actually plays very easily with that club for me.

Thanks. Yeah I think it will be fine for me also, as I mentioned earlier I would only use the flop from a suitable fluffy lie.

Members online

No members online now.