• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

wedge refinishing and slight preview of WITB 09

twofast2s

Dec 30, 2006
since i can't really do much due to my injured back, i've been tinkering ALOT w/ my set up and wedges were the first to be touched.

Titty 52 and 56 WRX ported raw wedges. I did the 52* wedge, which has 2x oil can finish. 56* wedge has flame job w/ C-grind plus my name stamped on, courtesy of my club builder Joe at white's golf studio. I had 52* finished similar to the 56* wedge (hosel of 52 still has some rainbowy finish), but i had little bit of engine oil, so I thought i'd try something different. it wasn't too hard at all. clean it, heat it up, and dump it in oil.

i have made few more changes in my bag. pic will be up once i get everything set up.
1.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg
7.jpg

Clugnut

Gimme some roombas!
Aug 13, 2006
Oh, and I love the Bridgestone cavities! You need to let us know how they play when you get a chance.

gcinbc

Always up for Round
Oct 15, 2007
Nice job on the clubs and the J33 wedge sure looks similiar to the Miura CB201 wedge. Does it resemble the Miura that much in real life? Anyway great job on the wedges.

OP
twofast2s

twofast2s

Dec 30, 2006
thanks for the comments.

i had a chance to hit the CB b/f adjusting lie/loft, but they were super easy to hit. as far as feel, only thing i came close to hitting miuras were ez's CB201, and i really don't remember or able to compare the "feel" b/w the two.

one thing i do remember w/ CB201 was that i didn't really feel anything in terms of feedback or felt clicky like J33CB. I think perhaps it's really that soft? my J33B feel harsher w/ off center hits, but center hits are very solid softer/less clickier than nike blade or J33CB.

i'll definitely post some reviews on my 09 sets when all the snow melts and my back gets better. I'll most likely use j33b though, but that can change.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online