• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Wedge set makeup

TheTrueReview

"Playing it straight"
Supporting Member
Jan 8, 2009
Country
Australia Australia
I'm going to try a wide gap wedge setup tomorrow. Set PW (47°), then 52°, 58°, and 64°.

Other than the 64, that's my setup. Works very well.

Just curious: what are your uses for the 64?

OP
azgreg

azgreg

"Don't count that."
Supporting Member
Sep 20, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
Country
United States United States
Other than the 64, that's my setup. Works very well.

Just curious: what are your uses for the 64?
I used it twice today. First time was a 10 yard carry over a bunker to a pin just 4 paces past. The other time was a bunker shot to a flag 5 paces on and about 4 ft up. Hit both within 1 putt distance.

OP
azgreg

azgreg

"Don't count that."
Supporting Member
Sep 20, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
Country
United States United States
Frankly, I believe I would have had the same results with my 60° so I don't think I'll be keeping it in the bag.

IrishGolfer

Fac ut gaudeam
Supporting Member
Sep 1, 2004
46, 49, 56 and 60.
I don't use the 60 for anything more than 30-40 yards, mostly in heavy rough or from sand.
My 56 tops out at ~85 yards, again not really used for distance, mostly around the green
My 49 is money at 105 yards - most consistent club in the bag.
My 46 can take it to about 125-130 yards

subsonic

Supporting Member
Oct 21, 2008
I have been playing the Big Bertha PW, AW, SW and a Callaway Sure out around the Greens. Has been working pretty well.

Louie_T07

Sep 19, 2008
Sarnia, ON
Country
Canada Canada
I have two setups that I usually switch between. Just haven't found which I like more...

Currently gaming a Mizzy PW (48), 53, 58

Also have same PW, 52, 56, 60

I like both setups in theory, it took me a while researching and experimenting (club Ho'ing) to build them and I won't be getting rid of either any time soon! I just can't make up my mind which to stick with. I'm leaning towards the current gamers due to the lack of indecision I have with them on the course. When the 60 is present "hero plays" are too! Trying to make something from nothing, cause I have a 60, kills a round!! With the just two wedges, they each have a purpose; 3 gets me OUT and 8 gets me UP. I play each wedge from anywhere on the course with those two simple goals in mind; do I need out or up? Answer that and I know what club I'm using.

🔥 Latest posts