• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Wedges-New or Used

ezra76

Feb 5, 2006
What is your opinion. I've purchased just about all my equipment used except for a driver and my 54* wedge. Is it worth it to just spend the extra $25 or so and get a new wedge vs. a used one?

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
It depends on "how used" they are.

I've had both, never really saw a difference between an 8.5/10 used and new, to be honest.

R35

Dannykos

Sep 20, 2006
IMO performance of wedges degrades the most pro-rata of any clubs in the bag, so i would always go for new wedges wherever possible.

Davebud

Crackhead Zebra
Oct 31, 2005
Used, I wouldn't spend the dough on a new wedge. I beat the crap out of them anyhow.:smilie_cl

emc

What would the Joker do?
Feb 4, 2006
Once the grooves aren't damaged or anything, the difference is minimal. the kind of 8.5 and up conditions are perfectly fine for wedges, as well as any other club.
I'm in the same boat as you, the only clubs in my bag I bought new are my rescue and 2 wedges are arriving in the next week. evertything ese has been bought at 9.5 condition for about 60% of the RRP

HighTopFade

Sep 1, 2006
New. Who knows what what tweaks a used wedge went through. Cut down shafts, loft and lie adjustments.

🔥 Latest posts