• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Week 5 results:

bdcrowe

ST Homeland Security
Aug 30, 2004
Played today and am volunteering at the Nationwide Tourney tomorrow, so no play tomorrow.

Shot an 87 for 22 points. Looks like the US has taken a lead... for now. ;)

Spent some time with Ben Hogan this week. He told me some things about how to take either side out of play. It worked about 70% of the time today.

Things are looking up.

Loop

Aug 27, 2004
Shot 91, with 21 points. Had 2 nice birdies, the rest was up and down golf.... arf arf!

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
Cruised to a -2 70 today. Made every putt inside 12 feet. Man, does that help.

Posted 44 points for 2 birds and 16 pars. I needed that.

We are kicking your asses.;)

R35

Bravo

Aug 27, 2004
I am not helping our squad much...I had an 80 with 28 points. I am a legitimate bad putter now.

VtDivot

SLIGHTERED
Supporting Member
Apr 16, 2005
I xcled out Bravo anyways, I think my 24 this week is about 8 under quota.

I just found out today that out club does this exact same tournament format every tues and wed. 5$ per nine and most POQ per nine wins. I'm not certain how they figure quota, but I know your index comes into play somehow.

VtDivot

SLIGHTERED
Supporting Member
Apr 16, 2005
Rockford35 said:
Cruised to a -2 70 today. Made every putt inside 12 feet. Man, does that help.

Posted 44 points for 2 birds and 16 pars. I needed that.

We are kicking your asses.;)

R35

Since I entered my round we are now losing to the Yanks.

BTW - am getting my hands on a GBBII Pro Series with NV 65 S this week :D

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
You can kiss my ass, Farq. :)

VT, what's the deal? ;)

If you don't like the GBBII, I'll take it off your hands. Seriously. What loft?

R35

OP
bdcrowe

bdcrowe

ST Homeland Security
Aug 30, 2004
Farq. You too misinterpreted his misspelling.

No kicking, licking...

VtDivot

SLIGHTERED
Supporting Member
Apr 16, 2005
Rockford35 said:
You can kiss my ass, Farq. :)

VT, what's the deal? ;)

If you don't like the GBBII, I'll take it off your hands. Seriously. What loft?

R35

9 or 9.5. It's not mine - my friend who dumped the Launcher 460 with Blue went for it. I'm going to hit/video it this week and maybe pick one up myself just to have. I'm killing the 580 now, but I draw it too much and have little control. I like the control the NV offers.

BTW - He got it from CallawayPreowned.com for 124.00 shipped (new grip and H/C) in like new condition you should pick one up.

Bravo

Aug 27, 2004
VtDivot said:
I xcled out Bravo anyways, I think my 24 this week is about 8 under quota.

I just found out today that out club does this exact same tournament format every tues and wed. 5$ per nine and most POQ per nine wins. I'm not certain how they figure quota, but I know your index comes into play somehow.

Ask them if they do it like this:

1) Say you have an index of 10.

2) Deduct 10 from 36...this gives you a Quota of 26 points for 18 holes. I have never heard of a nine hole format but it would stand to reason that you would have a nine hole quota of 13.

Also ask how they award points. Our system is very straightforward where we do not take into account the handicap of the hole when awarding points. There is another system where you are awarded points for "net points". For example - I have a 12 handicap and I birdied a par 3 yesterday that is one of the 12 hardest on our course - meaning I got a stroke on this hole. My gross score for the hole was 2, but my net (with the extra stroke) was 1. So I had a "net eagle" on that hole. In our system, I only awarded myself points for the birdie because we do not take hole handicaps into account when awarding points.

That sounds like a fun weekday tourney. Up there you get so much late evening sunlight. When do they tee off?

VtDivot

SLIGHTERED
Supporting Member
Apr 16, 2005
Bravo said:
Ask them if they do it like this:

1) Say you have an index of 10.

2) Deduct 10 from 36...this gives you a Quota of 26 points for 18 holes. I have never heard of a nine hole format but it would stand to reason that you would have a nine hole quota of 13.

Also ask how they award points. Our system is very straightforward where we do not take into account the handicap of the hole when awarding points. There is another system where you are awarded points for "net points". For example - I have a 12 handicap and I birdied a par 3 yesterday that is one of the 12 hardest on our course - meaning I got a stroke on this hole. My gross score for the hole was 2, but my net (with the extra stroke) was 1. So I had a "net eagle" on that hole. In our system, I only awarded myself points for the birdie because we do not take hole handicaps into account when awarding points.

That sounds like a fun weekday tourney. Up there you get so much late evening sunlight. When do they tee off?

It's an all day whenever you get your round in thing. As long as someone can attest your card. I think the format is the first one you mentionned.

DaveE

The golfer fka ST Champ
Aug 31, 2004
It was a good week for me. 10 over and 26 points. No birdies though.

FWIW the 10 over is a new personal best. I'm still not hitting my irons very well but being consistant off the tee and having a decent short game is saving my ass.

Oh yeah, the US was winning when I posted. :usflag:

Augster

Rules Nerd
Supporting Member
Mar 9, 2005
Assclenched my way to a "78" on Sunday, for handicap. I say that because I didn't finish the 2nd hole, and the worst I can take, for handicap, is a double, and double or worse is Zero points in our format, so nothing hurt really. I had 31 points, 30 after the index was taken into account for a POQ of 6.

Rocky start, then I shot even on the back for the first time this year. 7 pars, a birdie, and I bogeyed 18. Ugh.

I have never been straight with the driver. Never. Until I started "clenching" a few weeks ago. Now I'm so straight I fear holes that dogleg. It's just impossible to "snap one" or "slice one" around the corner. The WORST I can do is a fade or a slight draw. Sometimes a push, but never a pull.

We were in a 24-man team match and my partner was just shitting the bed. Terrible. I'd have a 12 footer for birdie, and he'd have a 2 footer for par and I'd ask him to make it so I can "take a run". He missed about 4 of them from 2-5 feet to "cover" me. So it was lag city from there just to make sure we didn't LOSE the damn hole. My score could have been a LOT better if I was playing by myself or if my partner could have done ANYTHING.

At the turn we were 3 down. I told him we're switching it up and I'M hitting first. Even par. We shot -1 as a team as he finally made a par on 18 when I bogeyed. I should have been hitting first all day I guess.

US was WAY up. LOL!

:usflag:

🔥 Latest posts