• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

weight

extremeVFT03

golfaholic
Supporting Member
Apr 22, 2007
Country
United States United States
hey guys I'm having a little problem this year with my swing. it feels different and I'm a little off as while. but i have lost 40 pounds since i played last. how can this effect my swing thanks:bang:

slickpitt

Aug 15, 2006
It affects you big time. I'm down about 35 pounds and had a hard time getting my timing down. Go to the range... pound balls... it'll come. It doesn't take as much effort to get your body through the ball.

OP
extremeVFT03

extremeVFT03

golfaholic
Supporting Member
Apr 22, 2007
Country
i lost 30 of mine by runing and getting ready for a 10k. then i had the flu and lost the other 10 :) hoping to lose more id like to be 220 as i started out at 310.

slickpitt

Aug 15, 2006
Running at 310? Ouch! Your poor knees and back. I've never been able to run.. it just kills my joints.

OP
extremeVFT03

extremeVFT03

golfaholic
Supporting Member
Apr 22, 2007
Country
i have bad knees as well but i still keep active. :)

the.powerhouse

Feb 23, 2009
That is an achievement!

It could be that you just need to get used to the range of movement that your core is now capable of!

Would suggest your try doing 20 mins of core and balance exercises, 3 times a week. This will help your coordination. Your neuro connections need time to adjust to their new dimensions, especially with previously routine movements.

Core exercises to help you develope a new feel for your body combined with driving range practice should get your swing back. Should even be better than it was before!

Dave Ireland

I'm sizzlin tonite
Aug 31, 2004
I got rid of 140 pounds ..... then again I did have a good divorce lawyer :biglol:

Congrats guys on the weight loss ...

chemboy2

M634
Supporting Member
Sep 23, 2004
Well done guys.

As others have said, losing that amount of weight will absolutely have a serious affect on your swing. While you may struggle in the short term, the horizon looks good. There is no doubt that the improvement in your range of motion and stamina will lead to hitting the ball further with more control longer into the round!

OP
extremeVFT03

extremeVFT03

golfaholic
Supporting Member
Apr 22, 2007
Country
thanks guys i'll try some core exercises and some more range time.

🔥 Latest posts