• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Weighted Clubs or weights

Pa Jayhawk

Nov 15, 2005
Country
United States United States
Wal-mart carries a Momentus knockoff that is orange for $25, however the grip is smaller. I would have bought one but my left hand was slighly off the side of the grip. They have a grip guide for the right hand, so you can't grip down. Kind of strange they made the grip so small. I have one of the rings that I used to use for stretching, but forgot about until I saw this thread.

Actually, something I didn't think of until now, maybe I will pick up the wal-mart one and regrip it if it has a standard shaft, and a grip I can cut off.

I have a Clutch Iron that I picked up a couple years ago for cheap of of ebay, that is pretty heavy and works well, but one of the main reason I don't carry it in my bag is I am afraid I would forget to take it out, and end up with 15 clubs.

sandwedge

Oct 19, 2006
Wal-mart carries a Momentus knockoff that is orange for $25, however the grip is smaller. I would have bought one but my left hand was slighly off the side of the grip. They have a grip guide for the right hand, so you can't grip down. Kind of strange they made the grip so small. I have one of the rings that I used to use for stretching, but forgot about until I saw this thread.

Actually, something I didn't think of until now, maybe I will pick up the wal-mart one and regrip it if it has a standard shaft, and a grip I can cut off.

I have a Clutch Iron that I picked up a couple years ago for cheap of of ebay, that is pretty heavy and works well, but one of the main reason I don't carry it in my bag is I am afraid I would forget to take it out, and end up with 15 clubs.

I bought one of these from Walmart. It is very similar to the Momentus for 1/3 the price. I don't like the grip either and have been thinking of taking it into the pro shop to have it regripped.

chemboy2

M634
Supporting Member
Sep 23, 2004
I bought one of these from Walmart. It is very similar to the Momentus for 1/3 the price. I don't like the grip either and have been thinking of taking it into the pro shop to have it regripped.

Why not buy a training grip and just regrip yourself? Regripping is a piece of cake and is a money saving 'skill' that you will use for as long as you play this silly game.

OP
demon

demon

Hybrids are for girls
Oct 29, 2006
The only thing I do not like about training grip is that it will not allow you to hold the club they way that works for you.

dave.

Mar 20, 2005
Demon,are your being serious with that last statement? A good grip is a good grip,the whole point of it is to help educate your hands away from a bad grip,which may work for you but not enough to improve.

dave.

Mar 20, 2005
No,there are mnay better drills for a reverse pivot,such as swinging while you balance on your left toes,and many others

OP
demon

demon

Hybrids are for girls
Oct 29, 2006
Demon,are your being serious with that last statement? A good grip is a good grip,the whole point of it is to help educate your hands away from a bad grip,which may work for you but not enough to improve.

I dont think there is a right way or a wrong way to hold a club, look at that guy Albert on the big break, I dont think that training grip would work for him. Damn that still hurts to think about that grip.

LyleG

gear head
Aug 10, 2006
Country
Canada Canada
There are numerous pro's using numerous types of grips. From the Alan Doyle's baseball grip to Jim Furyks double overlap. There is no right or wrong grip. Just because Hogan said so doesnt make it so.

dave.

Mar 20, 2005
Who mentioned Hogan? Good grips come in all sorts of ways,I agree,hence why I wasn't specific.However,there are definately bad grips,you have all seen them,and grip trainers are a good way to train your hands into a better grip.I disagree they should be dismissed because they don't personalise they grip to the player.If you are happy with your grip you wouldn't ever pick one up anyway.

Btw I don't like Hogans grip,no good for 99% of the golfers who try and use it,ish

HighTopFade

Sep 1, 2006
Attention WalMart Shoppers

After finding out Momentus knock offs are available at WalMart, I just had to get one. Thanks ST!

ezra76

Feb 5, 2006
I will be looking into the Walmart golf section.... I didn't even know there was one...

OP
demon

demon

Hybrids are for girls
Oct 29, 2006
the weighted clubs at wallyworld are 24.99

HighTopFade

Sep 1, 2006
The golf section in Walmart is similar to Target. It's a good place to buy inexpensive golf balls and accessories.

ezra76

Feb 5, 2006
The golf section in Walmart is similar to Target. It's a good place to buy inexpensive golf balls and accessories.

Target has a golf section too?? I went there last year, I saw no golf stuff... I may have to take the little lady out for a little white trash shopping spree this weekend.
icon10.gif

Members online

No members online now.