• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Weighted Clubs or weights

Pa Jayhawk

Nov 15, 2005
Country
United States United States
I had a chance to try this out for a short while. I am starting to rethink regripping the club.

Does anyone else who has used a weighted club tend to believe it may be a little difficult to hold onto the club with a standard grip? The grip on it has the ridges for the fingers on the back. I'm starting to wonder if without them this thing may turn into a Hammer Throw like you see in the Olympics. I could probably get used to the grip.

edit 1 - Hmm, maybe not a problem, I see the Momentus has an option for a standard grip. May have to regrip it tonight.

SiberianDVM

I love Hooters
Jul 25, 2005
Augusta, GA
Country
I kind of like the molded training grip. It is a bit slippery, so that's how my hand and forearm muscles are getting a workout.

I may have to change my screen name to Popeye. :)

Pa Jayhawk

Nov 15, 2005
Country
Just regripped it. Worked fine, although the grip slid on with not as much pressure as normal. I have never gripped anything other than .600 core. So not sure if .580 would be a better fit, or how much a difference that is. Maybe 2 or 3 wraps instead of the 1 I used.

Will see tomorrow when it is dry. It doesn't seem as though it will come off, but it was a little easier fit than normal.

FYI, here is the grip I used.
http://www.golfsmith.com/products/FC171AM

Pa Jayhawk

Nov 15, 2005
Country
I kind of like the molded training grip. It is a bit slippery, so that's how my hand and forearm muscles are getting a workout.

I may have to change my screen name to Popeye. :)
I really didn't care for the training grip mainly because it leaves a gap between my right thumb and index finger. Which I concentrate on Hogans idea of pinching these together, which has helped my game. I also do not like to have my right thumb so far to the side which goes hand in hand with the Hogan idea.

Pa Jayhawk

Nov 15, 2005
Country
This club worked fine being regripped. I like it more. I noticed two other things where this will be helpful. Slowing down my tempo, and the other which is one of my big flaws. Transfering my weight properly during my swing. I can really feel this during my swing, and it forces me to properly transfer my weight back to the front. You can't help but do so with the added weight.

🔥 Latest posts