• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Weighted Clubs or weights

demon

Hybrids are for girls
Oct 29, 2006
When I was on the high school golf team I used to swing with a little weighted ring on the head of an iron and swing away with it daily for about 20 min. This started to get a little too easy after 3 years so I put two on there and noticed an increase of about 5mph on my swing speed over about a year, this was all done with doppler radar. Anyone use anything similar? Have you seen any results?

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
When I was on the high school golf team I used to swing with a little weighted ring on the head of an iron and swing away with it daily for about 20 min. This started to get a little too easy after 3 years so I put two on there and noticed an increase of about 5mph on my swing speed over about a year, this was all done with doppler radar. Anyone use anything similar? Have you seen any results?

I do the same thing and think its probably the best swing drill there is other than actual lessons. I couldnt find the golf specific ring around here so I bought a doughnut used for baseball and it works just about the same. Its a great dirll and has helped me get over my casting move from the top. Good stuff...

LyleG

gear head
Aug 10, 2006
Country
Canada Canada
Hard to say. I just like to warm up with it. Its a little heavier, a little longer, makes for a real good stretch. Really helps my back.

ezra76

Feb 5, 2006
2fast2's has that Medicus Powerhitter. I warmed up with about 25 swings the other day and started off with some good drives. I've been thinking of putting something together or just getting one of those if I can find one cheap.

dave.

Mar 20, 2005
I made my own,I wrapped a load lead flashing around an old club,it weighs a tonne

OP
demon

demon

Hybrids are for girls
Oct 29, 2006
I forgot to mention that I was talking to a Long Drive competitor two years ago and he was using Troy Bars. I picked up a 6lbs 44" bar since it feels similar to a drivers grip. This will turn you into a monster, it has a orange cap on the end, if you try it out start off slow or you could hurt yourself.

Jun 24, 2006
I read in GD about tieing a beach towel to the end of your driver and swinging. I tried it and it was..different.

I also used the baseball donut someone else mentioned but that seemed to ben the shaft in my old irons a little much so I decided to stop that.

I saw the power hitter on TGC the other week and I kinda wanted one. Looks pretty good. PLUS, U CAN HIT BALLS WITH IT.

other than that I just swing a few clubs at one time before the round.

Saw something that clipped on an club but it diden't weigh much, looked like a waste of $4 to me..

emc

What would the Joker do?
Feb 4, 2006
Pu a wet towel on the head of an iron or something and it's as good as a weighted club

kwcsports

Supporting Member
Dec 12, 2006
I took an old wedge and filled the shaft with small lead balls. Glued a plug in to keep in it place and then put a training grip on it. Great for warming up. It only took a few minutes and I had a great weighted club.

twofast2s

Dec 30, 2006
before i had the power hitter (probably 2 to 3 times heavier than my hibore w/ 77g v2 shaft), my swing speed was about 105mph. after using power hitter for couple of month, my swing speed was up to about 120mph.

JEFF4i

She lives!
Supporting Member
Jul 3, 2006
Motivitatius or whatever that big heavy yellow club thing, works pretty good if you've got a decent swing.

OP
demon

demon

Hybrids are for girls
Oct 29, 2006
before i had the power hitter (probably 2 to 3 times heavier than my hibore w/ 77g v2 shaft), my swing speed was about 105mph. after using power hitter for couple of month, my swing speed was up to about 120mph.

Can you swing it at full speed? When I use my 6lbs rod I cant do full swing.

chemboy2

M634
Supporting Member
Sep 23, 2004
I just picked up a Momentus a few days ago and have been working my drills with it. I've only had it for a few days and have yet to get to the range. I know that after I finish my drills and pick up a regular club it feels pretty light and my swing feels super smooth. I'll probably throw the club in my bag and use it to warm up before rounds/range time. Whether it goes into the bag or not, I will continue to use it for my drills.

🔥 Latest posts