• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Well boys, it happened.

Jun 24, 2006
Had my first "marshalling" experiance yesterday. You may or may not remember I made a thread a while ago asking what you suggest I do when someone comes to me with a slow play issue.

It was a quiet evening, I was bored out of my mind, phone wasn't ringing, no green feer's coming in. I was reading the paper at the counter and in walks a member that I THINK IS A PRETTY NICE GUY. Dosen't usally come to me with problems, nice guy to talk to. He walks in and says, " Man O man someone has to go out and talk to those old woman". I have a big window behind the counter that I can see most of hole 7 and he said it was the women coming up #7. He said his 4 some was behind them and they waited a long time on 2 tee and then they cut over to number 5 after finishing # 2. They played holes 5 and 6, and the women were just getting to number 4 tee. 3 and 4 are par 3's and 5 is a pretty long par 4 and 6 is a par 5.

Since there was noting going on in the shop i locked her up and took a ride over to # 7 to have a little chat with the ladies.

They were very nice ladies and I just explained the situation to them and yada yada.

They came in the shop after they finished and we talked about it further. They said they were going to let the 4 some go through on 3 tee but they just jumped over to number 5 so they diden't get the chance.

Just thought I'd mention that.

And today was the first time i was able to play 18 holes after school and on the back we got stuck behind 3 slow friggin idiots that held up 2/3 of the other groups on the course!. I wasn't impressed.

Anyway,

keep the faith gentlemen.

JS

( I should have pics of my pro shop and course soon. Actually i have a few pics now but..there not very good. course was brown. They dug up a bunch of our greens today!..pipes broke underneath!. Big trenches going through..3 of the greens!. AHHH.)

LyleG

gear head
Aug 10, 2006
Country
Canada Canada
I am guessing one of the old bags kicked your scrawny little ass. I wish I got the Newfie news so i could read the whole story.

Halifax - associated press

Police were called to resolve a dispute a local golf course yesterday. When they arrived on the scene they found a crying, whimpering JS. He was bleeding from the nose, had a black eye, and was holding his crotch. 94 year old Helga Swanson was arrested and charged with misdemeanor assault. Helga was quoted as saying "that scrawny punk had it coming. I downed him with one punch the little bastard, and then kicked him in the groin for good measure"
Witnesses were to busy laughing to be interviewed.

OP
ThatCanadianGuy
Jun 24, 2006
I am guessing one of the old bags kicked your scrawny little ass. I wish I got the Newfie news so i could read the whole story.

Halifax - associated press

Police were called to resolve a dispute a local golf course yesterday. When they arrived on the scene they found a crying, whimpering JS. He was bleeding from the nose, had a black eye, and was holding his crotch. 94 year old Helga Swanson was arrested and charged with misdemeanor assault. Helga was quoted as saying "that scrawny punk had it coming. I downed him with one punch the little bastard, and then kicked him in the groin for good measure"
Witnesses were to busy laughing to be interviewed.

Hahaha, that's pretty funny.:)

They were cool about it.

They wernt acutally THAT old, one was probably mid 50s the other mid 60s.

JS is a lover, not a fighter.

But let the record show:

I was the biggest of the 3 of us:D. Lyle, even you could stand a chance against these two.

JS

(check you pm's this reminded me of something:laugh: )

MCDavis

The Plaid Duffer
Staff member
Oct 19, 2006
Sanford, NC
Country
United States United States
Hahaha, that's pretty funny.:)

They were cool about it.

They wernt acutally THAT old, one was probably mid 50s the other mid 60s.

JS is a lover, not a fighter.

Maybe this explains WHY they were nice to you...you didn't happen to know 1 or 3 of them really well, did you?? :laugh: ;)

LyleG

gear head
Aug 10, 2006
Country
Canada Canada
LOL, so JS is making his birdies from the gray rough. Beats solo sally I guess.

OP
ThatCanadianGuy
Jun 24, 2006
Maybe this explains WHY they were nice to you...you didn't happen to know 1 or 3 of them really well, did you?? :laugh: ;)

HAHAHA...no...well..I do kinda know one of them. She looked very familar and she talked to me like she knew me. She said she hasn't been around the course in 4 years but she still knew my name. I dont think my name tag was showing either. And I know the other ladies husband.

🔥 Latest posts