• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Well, I did something today.....

Roy

Grip it and Rip it
May 29, 2005
I BROKE 100 !! I shot a 96 , Its getting better and better, First it was a 106 then a 101 now a 96. Looks like a pattern to me 5 strokes off everytime I go play, But darn it if i didnt get my dang slice back off the tee. I had about a dozen good shots off the tee but for the rest of the time well lets not talk about that right now .

I'am just happy i broke 100. I prolly wont go back to my home course because of bad course lies, Its getting worse and worse its like hitting off of dirt when your in the fairway's and greens, If you try to get your devit your in for a long day of hurting wrist hitting hard ass ground .

Well anyhow, Off to the practice range To improve on my slice again. I can't wait till my dang integra offset gets here.

Slingblade61

Supporting Member
Aug 26, 2004
Awesome Roy!

Get a lesson and get your swing squared away and I'll have to throw you out of this forum by the end of the summer. ;)

Bravo

Aug 27, 2004
Good job Roy...have you made a decision on your lessons?

They would really help...

OP
Roy

Roy

Grip it and Rip it
May 29, 2005
Well, I asked andy about it , He kinda in his on words said he didnt want to help. So , I gota grow some balls and just drive over to dothan or panama and get some help there.

I have a question, On the griping of a golf club i know its suppost to be light but when i do that the club turns in my hands on impact. Is this a fault of wore out grips?

Slingblade61

Supporting Member
Aug 26, 2004
Roy, I took my very first lesson 2 weeks ago, practiced what I was taught and dropped 12 strokes the very next time out.....105 to a 93.

That should motivate you to get some help. Even a range pro would be a good thing.

It only took me 30 years to get it done, so I can wait a bit on you to do it...LOL!
:D

wirehair

Life's too short to drink cheap wine.
Apr 29, 2005
Roy said:
I BROKE 100 !! I shot a 96 , Its getting better and better, First it was a 106 then a 101 now a 96.
Well done Roy. You oughta be feeling that you can play with almost anyone and while you'll get beat, you won't be embarrassed.

After 4 or 5 mid 90's rounds I had a bad day, 108 or some such nonsense. I got back to the clubhouse & showed the card to the pro. He said to ignore it, just keep doing what I'm doing. It's an anomalie & it doesn't mean anything. I bet you're under 90 by the end of the summer.:)

🔥 Latest posts