• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Well, I guess I'll have to wait for the X-Tours...

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
I just read an article claiming that the new forged offerings from Callaway will run a cool $1280USD for Steel shafts. Apparently there is no plan for graphite, which makes sense (both as a golfer and consumer....yikes!).

At current rates, $1280USD translates into about 1550CDN, plus taxes.

Uh, no thanks. I'll wait for some poor sap to buy them, play terrible because he sucks and sell them to me for 400 bucks 2 years from now. ;)

The Mizuno's are safe for the next couple of years.....excellent...

:miz:

R35

DaveE

The golfer fka ST Champ
Aug 31, 2004
You can pre-order from Golfsmith right now for only $999.00 USD. Hurry before they run out. :p

obagain

Used club guru
Mar 29, 2005
The performance on the prototypes were not very good. I have spoken to 2 different staff players and both will continue to play the hogans.

AMcNeel

Awesome
Feb 23, 2005
uhhh i just got home from work and we had the callaway rep in and he had those irons and they are sweet!!! i want them so bad. . . but they are definitely worth it. not for the average player, they arent going to be very forgiving but they are definitely awesome!!!

OP
Rockford35

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
Sweet. That's what I wanted to hear.

It's funny, guys that are partial to Hogan are pretty diehard Hogan. They just never can find anything better. I know a guy that plays Hogans exclusively and hits other clubs much better, but wants the noteriety of playing the big H.

I dunno. They're nice, but they don't blow my mind.

I hope these Callaway's take off. That way, they might make cheaper versions or take the technology down the line a bit. However, I see these as being the unicorns of the line for a while, just like the Hawkeye VFT irons were.

R35

mediaguru

Feb 13, 2005
I don't play my hogans for notoriety. I play them because they are AWESOME. There is nothing that feels like these.... Don't mis-hit them though...

OP
Rockford35

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
mediaguru said:
I don't play my hogans for notoriety. I play them because they are AWESOME. There is nothing that feels like these.... Don't mis-hit them though...

I'm glad Hogan works for you.

Now, would you give them up for a new set of Mizuno's? I mean, Mizuno's are AWESOME, right?

I have a feeling you wouldn't. You can claim that it's a "don't fix it if it ain't broke" thing, but really, lots of Hogan guys swear buy them and wouldn't part with them for anything. Personally, they don't work for me as well as other clubs, but they are very nice. I can't blame ya for that! ;)

Cheers,

r35

🔥 Latest posts