• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Well...I tried.....

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
It's really nice here in Wisconsin today (50's) and I wanted to go hit the Launcher 8.5*/Graf blue stiff driver (I got from R35) and the MX23 6-iron I won on Ebay and all the driving ranges nearby (went to two) are closed. I put on 70 miles trying to find a driving range. Geesh! One was at a golf course (where I hit my all time low 18) and the course is open but the driving range is closed. :mad:

Scotty01292

Mmmmmmmm..... Cake.......
Oct 16, 2005
You could always have played the course instead? Unlucky about the ranges... All the courses and ranges in Scotland are open, because the crappy weather hasn't kicked in yet.

zenkar

Jul 30, 2006
hmm i never checked my one range near my house in mid winter but i know they have heaters pointing down on you. maybe when there snow they close.:eek:

ezra76

Feb 5, 2006
Range is open year round here. The cheap one is great. If nobody is around you can just go collect the balls close up and keep on hitting. They have a machine that dispenses tokens. 5 for $20, all buckets are large, about 75 or so balls. (never counted). I usually opt to go play and hit mutiple balls for practice though.

That sucks WBL.

OP
warbirdlover

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
I would've played the course but only had the two clubs along. My bag was in the basement. No one was on the course either.
:prop:

JEFF4i

She lives!
Supporting Member
Jul 3, 2006
Why not play with the 2 for kicks?

Though, I do find this story somewhat humerous.

Scotty01292

Mmmmmmmm..... Cake.......
Oct 16, 2005

Yeah, I know. But if I get my wedges and new Baffler for christmas, i'll be out on the course as soon as i've opened all my prezzies... Rain or shine, because i'm getting a new umbrella as well...

chemboy2

M634
Supporting Member
Sep 23, 2004
hmm, I guess I won't complain anymore that my local range now closes at 9p after the time change...

JEFF4i

She lives!
Supporting Member
Jul 3, 2006
9PM? Are you serous? Where do you live?

Our sun is going down at 5:10 now, jeez.

gwlee7

Ho's from Rocky Mount, NC
Supporting Member
Jun 15, 2005
Don't you have electric lighting in New Mexico??:emot-ange

emc

What would the Joker do?
Feb 4, 2006
Our range closes at 9pm too. Thank god for floodlights

JEFF4i

She lives!
Supporting Member