• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Well my putting is alot better now..

lildudejds

Shut up ya dumb beaver...
Supporting Member
Aug 2, 2005
before when i would put i would look at the line and then just putt. I was a BAD putter.

This week i noticed some of the good putters on the team and saw what they do. And now i started to. So now before pretty much every putt i mark my ball read the green and put the ball down with the words or whatever lining were i want it to go. Sounds simple, but it helps with lining it up so much! I never really thought of it before. So if your struggling..and you dont do this already...before you putt mark your ball, get down read the green, and then set the ball down so the words or a line or something on your ball is going the way you want your stroke to go. You will see more of them sink.

OP
lildudejds

lildudejds

Shut up ya dumb beaver...
Supporting Member
Aug 2, 2005
o yeah and i also found extending my pointer fingers down the shaft really helped in getting a truer more consistent stroke...it also kept it from turning in or out..

mediaguru

Feb 13, 2005
lildudejds said:
o yeah and i also found extending my pointer fingers down the shaft really helped in getting a truer more consistent stroke...it also kept it from turning in or out..

I know some decent putters who play that way. I know one guy who chips that way. He's the best chipper I know too.. Perhaps I'll try that!

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.