• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Well, that was disappointing

Ravenous Bugblatter Beast

Deep in thought
Sep 6, 2005
See, this past Monday, Labor Day, for the first time ever I broke 100 over 18 holes. 98, at Rock Manor, a public course near Wilmington, Delaware. Actually, there going to be shutting it down soon to renovate and re-open some two years later.

So, anyhow, I was reading some things about handicaps, so I got to wondering if I had my best rounds being all that one round at Rock Manor, what would my handicap be?

The answer is 33.1.

I'm a hacker.

OP

Deep in thought
Sep 6, 2005
I went to a 9-hole after work, par 37, and shot 50 on the first trip around. My ballstriking wasn't as crisp as it had been on Monday at Rock Manor, but I saved myself with the best putting I've ever done. 15 putts for those 9 holes, so I was happy that shortening the amount I used to take the putter back, seemed to help me stroke through the ball. The long takeback that I had before often resulted in me either decelerating, or hammering the putt too far, and frequently losing the line I wanted to strike the putt.

So what did I learn yesterday?

One, the right shoulder has gotten better, but it will tire out. The range on Wednesday, followed by golfing Thursday, resulted in it getting tired and cranky, and poorer strikes the more holes I played. So even though I'm tempted to go out, I better wait til Sunday, and let the shoulder rest up.

Two, I can putt, if I keep the backstroke short. It firms up my overall stroke, and I get much better pacing to the hole, and I'm better at keeping the line I envision.

🔥 Latest posts