• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Went to 'Golf Expo' in Hartford, CT

Sean

Worm Burner
Aug 24, 2006
It was in "Golfers Warehouse" which is apparently a chain store in the Northeast. (Not trying to plug so if this is against any rules, please delete)

Went in and their were several mfg's there with reps and an area to hit their clubs... Cobra, Adams, Taylor Made, Nike, Callaway and others.

Tried out a lot of clubs I couldn't hit and couldn't afford anyway :) Really liked the SuperQuad but it's out of my price range, as were the Cobra irons I tried out (I was shanking those anyway, lol) I also tried fthe TM Burner and to be frank it was horrible, imo. Just felt like shit even on the best shots. Seemed like it launched the ball OK but ... something was off with it, it just felt plain BAD.

I saw a set of Srixon clubs and went over to look at 'em. I'd heard them talked about here but had never seen them before. They looked and hit very nice, probably more for pro's than hackers like myself but they felt good wqhen i hit it square. For being the only guy to give his clubs any attention up to that point I got a couple free sleeves of Srixon TriSpeed balls, BONUS!

BIG line at the Nike stand but those clubs are damn fugly, much like the review on the lead page for shottalk says. I mean, U-G-L-Y, ugly. They must hit nice cause dudes were drooooolin' over 'em.

Also got a free Callaway hat and a Nike T-shirt to go with the free Srixon balls.

Overall it was an interesting time but it was rather busy so I couldn't get a lot of time with any salesperson or rep to ask questions. I certainly don't hold it against anyone, there were lines everywhere, but unless I knew exactly what I wanted, what loft and shaft type without asking questions, it wasn't worth shopping there. Nobody had the time to help a guy like me.

CErtainly not a big show but probably worth a ride if you're in the area... they have them in a couiple Ma cities toimorrow.

- Sean

Slingblade61

Supporting Member
Aug 26, 2004
Hartford?

Why didn't you tell me this was going on? I could have gone. ;)

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
Was the Ping van there and if so did you hit the Rapture? Sounds very similar to the Milwaukee show except Cally wasn't there. I got lot's of free or reduced rate golfing on some really nice golf courses while there. I'll never be able to play that many rounds!! :laugh:

ezra76

Feb 5, 2006
Yeah, they are a small chain, RI, MA, CT. I'll be stopping by to see what's going on at the one in Cranston, RI tomorrow. This is the shop I always talk about, the only one around pretty much. I'd love to get on the launch monitor with a few drivers, including the Superquad just for kicks. My bag is set, really set, so won't be buying anything more than tees or a glove at most. Free launch monitor and maybe free balls sounds good to me. Last yr. the Callaway rep gave my 4 HX-hots and 4 HX-Tours.

Oh, yeah, spikes, I need spikes. lol.

OP
S

Sean

Worm Burner
Aug 24, 2006
Was the Ping van there and if so did you hit the Rapture? Sounds very similar to the Milwaukee show except Cally wasn't there. I got lot's of free or reduced rate golfing on some really nice golf courses while there. I'll never be able to play that many rounds!! :laugh:

Ping was there, but I didn't try them. They had the second longest line next to Nike...

OP
S

Sean

Worm Burner
Aug 24, 2006
Yeah, they are a small chain, RI, MA, CT. I'll be stopping by to see what's going on at the one in Cranston, RI tomorrow. This is the shop I always talk about, the only one around pretty much. I'd love to get on the launch monitor with a few drivers, including the Superquad just for kicks. My bag is set, really set, so won't be buying anything more than tees or a glove at most. Free launch monitor and maybe free balls sounds good to me. Last yr. the Callaway rep gave my 4 HX-hots and 4 HX-Tours.

Oh, yeah, spikes, I need spikes. lol.

Seemed like a nice show. I'm sure a guy such as yourself will be able to take more from it than I did.

Members online