• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Went to Play at Golf Galaxy today

Esox

Supporting Member
Aug 6, 2008
Jimmy John's Subs.... yummy!!!

:D

Next time wander over and try the Kopps' double cheeseburger with Nueske's bacon. That's some damn fine bacon. Or hit the Mama Mia's lunch buffet and have a brick of garlic bread. Emperor's Kitchen has a great lunch buffet if you like Chinese food.

That's a handy little strip mall area right there. We had some Mama's lasagna and garlic bread for dinner last night.

Kevin

Wi-Golfer

Golfer on hiatus.
Supporting Member
Jul 25, 2007
Madison, Wi
Country
United States United States
Going to have to disagree with WBL on Jimmy Johns, to me they are nothing special, cold bologna sandwhiches. We have had it a couple times for work & just am not impressed.

However Kevin is spot on in regards to Kopps, love them burgers. At least the one in Brookfield has indoor seating, the Greenfield one you either eat in your car or you can sit outside in the summer. I don't think the one on Silver Spring has indoor seating either.

David Hillman

Apr 15, 2008
Going to have to disagree with WBL on Jimmy Johns, to me they are nothing special, cold bologna sandwhiches. We have had it a couple times for work & just am not impressed.

They are franchise, and very pretty widely. The two by my house are nothing special, but the one near my old office was very good most of the time. Haven't tried the JJ by new office yet. As noted above, when you're hiring people at minimum wage, you are going to get chefs, either.

Speaking of golf stores across the street from each other... why do they do that? I mean, Chicagoland is pretty big ( five Golfsmiths and seven Golf Galaxies ), and yet, 3 of the Golfsmiths are within a par 5 of a GG, and another one is bracketed by a GG 2 miles away on either side. The only exception is the little GS in the city proper.

Wi-Golfer

Golfer on hiatus.
Supporting Member
Jul 25, 2007
Madison, Wi
Country
Speaking of golf stores across the street from each other... why do they do that? I mean, Chicagoland is pretty big ( five Golfsmiths and seven Golf Galaxies ), and yet, 3 of the Golfsmiths are within a par 5 of a GG, and another one is bracketed by a GG 2 miles away on either side. The only exception is the little GS in the city proper.

Similar to Madison, we have nothing on the east side except crummy ole Dicks. But the west side has a Dicks as well as GG & Nevada Bobs & they are all within a few blocks of each other.

Not sure if you know what Menards is but they are similar to Home Depot & just about anywhere you look there will be both stores usually within 1-2 blocks. Seems silly to me.

David Hillman

Apr 15, 2008
Similar to Madison, we have nothing on the east side except crummy ole Dicks. But the west side has a Dicks as well as GG & Nevada Bobs & they are all within a few blocks of each other.

There's a Dick's right by the GG and GS too, I've just never been in it.

Not sure if you know what Menards is but they are similar to Home Depot & just about anywhere you look there will be both stores usually within 1-2 blocks. Seems silly to me.

I was in two different Menards today, but around here, they aren't paired up with Home Depot like the golf stores. Neither one has an HD within a few miles.

MIKE1218

Top Bloke
Dec 21, 2006
In Green Bay on the east side we have a Menards and a Home Depot right across the highway from each other. Fleet Farm is right behind them.

I wish we had a golf store here. All we've got is Dick's, and all the local shops are either worthless or have recently closed.

Jimmy Johns sucks BTW.

Wi-Golfer

Golfer on hiatus.
Supporting Member
Jul 25, 2007
Madison, Wi
Country
I was in two different Menards today, but around here, they aren't paired up with Home Depot like the golf stores. Neither one has an HD within a few miles.

In Kenosha, my old home town they have Menards, Lowes & I believe they may have a Home Depot now too & all 3 are within 1/2 mile from each other.

In Beaver Dam HD was 1st but they were never all that busy. The Menards came to town & located right across hwy 51 from them & next to the Super Walmart. Within 2 months of Menards opening the HD shut down. Kind of sad that there is this 3 yr old building & I don't see any possibility of anything moving into it.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.