• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

What 14 clubs to carry? I have MY

cypressperch

Jun 24, 2006
Toledo Bend Lake, Louisiana
Country
United States United States
solution at long last! Again, thanks for the input I received here.

First, I keep my Titleist "woods":
Driver 905T with Titleist reg. graphite
3-Wood 980F 15*
5-Wood 980F 19*

New clubs just added:
Mizuno CLK FLI-HI 20* (This is a great hybrid. Replaces 19* TM Resc.)
Reg flex shaft steel superlite

Mizuno MP-67 irons 4-PW
True Temper Dynamic Gold Superlite with Sensicore Reg flex (R300)

Mizuno MP R Series Chrome 54* with 10* bounce (same shaft as MP-67's)
Mizuno MP R Series Chrome 58* with 10* bounce (same shaft as MP-67's)

Keeping my old putter---NC VooDoo (I did give it a new Winn putter grip.)

All of my clubs now have Golfpride DUROMID grips except for the putter.

I had the 4-iron bent one degree stronger which spaced all irons equally as to loft. It also closed the gap between the 4-iron and the 20* hybrid.

I hit the 5-wood somewhat farther than the hybrid, so I have everything covered pretty nicely from 58* lob wedge to the driver.

One of the best things for my game has been the using of the superlite shafts in the wedges as well as the MP-67 irons. I am certain that I have more feel because of this, and full shots with both wedges seem so much easier. The guiding principle has been to try to get things as seemless from one club to the next as possible.

I made my shafts one half inch longer in the irons and wedges. I am six-foot, one inches tall with average length arms, and this has allowed me to have better posture. I was warned that I might hit some fat shots, but that has not been the case. True, I have only hit about 200 range balls and played only 15 holes (one over), but I do not think the transition will be difficult at all. These clubs were custom fitted by a really good fitter, and if you have yet to be fitted by someone like him, I think you are in for a treat when you come around to doing that.

I cannot put into words how pleased I am with the Mizuno MP-67 irons. Actually, I am just as please with the two wedges and the hybrid. My all-time favorite club as far as looks goes has always been a Powerbilt Citation 5-Wood, but the Mizuno hybrid may have taken that classic club's place.

A final word about the wedges. The MP-R series are rounded rather than tear drop in shape. Somehow this makes the two wedges look exactly the same except for the loft. The grinding that has been done to the sole is functional making shots from uneven lies around greens a bit easier.

So that is my solution, and I am sticking to it. Sincerely, Cypressperch

dave.

Mar 20, 2005
Launcher/Prolite 35s
Sonartec 2.5 15* 3w
Ping i3 2,3 and 4 irons
5-PW Macgregor Muirfield 20th Anniversary
53* MP-T
58* Cleveland 900
Anser Scottsdale BeCu

The Macgregor PW is 49,bent slightly down from 50

VtDivot

SLIGHTERED
Supporting Member
Apr 16, 2005
One of the best things for my game has been the using of the superlite shafts in the wedges as well as the MP-67 irons. I am certain that I have more feel because of this, and full shots with both wedges seem so much easier. The guiding principle has been to try to get things as seemless from one club to the next as possible.

It took me a while to get used to the SL, but now I'm not sure if I'd ever want to go back to the regular S300. They're great, I agree!

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
This will be my bag for 07:

Cleveland HiBore 9.5* Accuflex Evolution
Cleveland Launcher Ti 13* 3 wood Accuflex Evolution
Cleveland Launcher Steel 22* 7 wood Accuflex Evolution
Mizuno Mp-30 4-9 iron Rifle 5.5
Mizuno 49* Mp series wedge
Mizuno 53* Mp series wedge
Mizuno 60* Mp series wedge
Odyssey White Hot #2

R35

VtDivot

SLIGHTERED
Supporting Member
Apr 16, 2005
17 club Rock goes all the way down to 13???? What gives ;)

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
17 club Rock goes all the way down to 13???? What gives ;)

My record is 19.

Two drivers, 3w, 5w, 7w, two hybrids, 3-PW, 4 wedges (two lobs) and a putter.

Non CPGA sanctioned event, natch. :D

R35

emc

What would the Joker do?
Feb 4, 2006
My bag for 2007 will be:

Titleist 905T 9.5* Stiff Fujikura Speeder
Callaway Big Bertha 2004 15*
Skymax Ice Resolve 19*
Mizuno MP-32 R300
Titleist Vokey Raw 50*
TaylorMade Tour Chrome 56*
Titleist Vokey Raw 60*
Ben Hogan BHB1.C

I'm changing the putter to a Hoganardi heel toe weighted putter. I'll keep the 2 ball for off days. I might also change the 3 wood for a little shallower face, but I don't know. I've changed my whole bag nearly from this time last year. The only constants have been the rescue (which I love and never use anyway) and the putter, which is retreating into the wardrobe

VtDivot

SLIGHTERED
Supporting Member
Apr 16, 2005
No bag changes planned for next season. I have spent too much cash on tools and travel to be buying any more shit I don't need.

That being said, I am looking for a new 3W and I dunno, if some 735CM happened to fall into my lap I wouldn't turn them away :D

ezra76

Feb 5, 2006
This will be my bag for 07:

Cleveland HiBore 9.5* Accuflex Evolution
Cleveland Launcher Ti 13* 3 wood Accuflex Evolution
Cleveland Launcher Steel 22* 7 wood Accuflex Evolution
Mizuno Mp-30 4-9 iron Rifle 5.5
Mizuno 49* Mp series wedge
Mizuno 53* Mp series wedge
Mizuno 60* Mp series wedge
Odyssey White Hot #2

R35

Did you forget one? You are comfortable with that gap between a strong 3 and a 7wood?

gwlee7

Ho's from Rocky Mount, NC
Supporting Member
Jun 15, 2005
When I hit my 3 wood 240 and my 7 wood 225, no.:D

R35

What's up with these Launcher higher lofted fariway woods? I have a 25* "8" wood that I can just kill. It goes like 210 yards and looks like I hit a pitching wedge. I can even half top it out of thick rough and hit this awesome knuckle ball with it that carries about 180 and then just rolls forever. I need to put it back in my bag. For that matter, I need to get my 15 * and 19* back from my brother. Never could hit Launcher Drivers that well but I have loved the fairway woods and wedges.

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
Very underrated FW's, in my opinion.

I was hitting my old one with the dog shat Fuji Gold shaft in it. Once I drop a Ys-7+ or a Evolution into it, it's gonna be a jackhammer.

R35

Staff online

Members online