• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

What a day.

lameshooter

Eagle is my middle name.
Apr 13, 2005
Well i decided to go out today, i was gonna go out this morning, but when i woke up at 9 to go play i could hear the wind wistling pretty hard out my window so i decided to sleep in for once, but at about 5 this afternoon i went out and played. Still having 30 mile an hour winds and it being about 50 degrees out..

The first hole is a straight ahead 395 yd. Par 4 with water on the right. I hit a decent but not that great 200 yard drive right down the middle, so i'm thinkin hey, might not be a bad day if my first shot is like this, well, lets just say i was wrong.. haha. my second shot i duffed my 5 wood from 195 out to about 145 out. so take out my 7 iron, and i'm tellin ya, i thought i hit that thing lightly, but i went over the green by about 20 yards, then my chipshot from 20 behind the green ended up short, so i chipped on from there, and 2 putted for a 7... So i'm thinkin now after a nice drive and a crappy follow up.. i'm thinkin oh great... haha

But the second hole is a 276 yd. dogleg left hole where if you hit a pretty decent drive you can cut the corner and almost hit the green if not make it on or over, so i'm sittin on the tee, with 30 mile an hour wind from my right, thinkin, do i play the wind or don't i play the wind... haha, i decided not to and just go straight for the green, well i hit the green with my drive, i hit it a little right of the green but the wind musta pushed it left a little, cuz there was a big divot, and it left me just off the other side with about a 10 yard chipshot to the hole, so i lined up, and i sunk the chip for a nice eagle.. so i'm sittin after 2 holes 1 over... now i'm likin the weather.. haha

the 3rd is a straight ahead 195 yd. par 3, i used my 5 wood and stuck it about 15 ft to the pin, and sunk the birdie putt, now i'm even after 3.. and i'm relaly liking it.. haha

the 4th is a 349 yd par 4 with at about 200 off the tee you have water on your left and on your right, and a small strip of fairway inbetween, with the wind in my face, i hit a nice tee shot to about 150 out of the green, my second shot with a 7 iron again, i hit the fringe and it rolled all the way across the green, and on the fringe on the other side, so i put from there, and it was movin fast and hit the cup and bounced out, so i woulda been sittin at 1 under after 4, but i pared to be even after 4, then when i was gonna tee off on 5 it started raining, so i headed in with a nice 4 holes under my belt

DaveE

The golfer fka ST Champ
Aug 31, 2004
Nice comeback after the 7. Too bad the rain had to stop you.

OP
lameshooter

lameshooter

Eagle is my middle name.
Apr 13, 2005
Well i went out again this morning, and capped it all off and shot an 80 on 18, so i was pretty excited about it, i was shootin pretty well.

🔥 Latest posts