• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

What a JOKE -BCS championship game

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
So these are the two best teams in the country? Maybe the SEC but NOT the country. ONE touchdown scored in two games these guys have played? Pathetic. I can think of a dozen teams that could smoke these guys. Wisconsin, Michigan State, Oregon (now not early in the season), Oklahoma State, Oklahoma, Stanford, etc. SEC. What a joke.

shep3470

Apr 5, 2009
Omaha, NE
So these are the two best teams in the country? Maybe the SEC but NOT the country. ONE touchdown scored in two games these guys have played? Pathetic. I can think of a dozen teams that could smoke these guys. Wisconsin, Michigan State, Oregon (now not early in the season), Oklahoma State, Oklahoma, Stanford, etc. SEC. What a joke.

Wisconsin, Michigan State, and Oklahoma, HELL no. Stanford, maybe but highly unlikely(being generous here). Oregon and Oklahoma State, possibly(still a long shot). That Alabama defense is rediculous. They give up less than 200 yards/game and just under 9 points a game. The LSU defense is not bad either. They are right behind Alabama at #2 in total defense. Take the top 2 defenses in the country and you will not see a lot of offense.

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
Wisconsin, Michigan State, and Oklahoma, HELL no. Stanford, maybe but highly unlikely(being generous here). Oregon and Oklahoma State, possibly(still a long shot). That Alabama defense is rediculous. They give up less than 200 yards/game and just under 9 points a game. The LSU defense is not bad either. They are right behind Alabama at #2 in total defense. Take the top 2 defenses in the country and you will not see a lot of offense.

I saw plays in that game that looked like Pee Wee football. Not just one or two, more than 10.

Maybe it was only the times I was watching and the rest of the time they actually looked like NCAA football teams.

Hell i'm fairly certain a couple of local high school football teams could have given either of them a run for their money.

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
The travesty, this year, is Oklahoma State. One loss... ONE!!! That loss was in overtime, the day after their girl's basketball coach was killed in a plane crash. And, they didn't even get a chance to prove themselves at the uppermost level! Stanford?? Luck?? Oklahome State beat them. They did everything in their power to meet either LSU or Alabama for the national championship and were relegated to the outhouse.
Sounds like they didn't even get picked as 2nd in the Country. It appears the final standings will be Alabama, LSU, with OSU bringing up 3rd.
Alabama and LSU already played once this season. It makes the National Championship nothing but a joke when they are allowed to meet again.

xamilo

Right Curving Driver....
Supporting Member
Dec 22, 2007
There was a lot of controversy this year about the "Bowls", and I guess it is true the format is not working properly. It is not a surprise though: Look at the NFL! Suddenly, a team with a 13-3 record like the Falcons visits an 8-8 team which entered the play-offs in the last minute of their last game. Or last year where the Saints with a similar 13-3 had to go and visit the Seahawks with a 7-9 record?

With Cassell in command, the Patriots had a 11-5 season a couple of years ago, just be left "out of the play-offs" while Arinoza advanced in a very tricky situation for being Champ.

Anyway its a pain it doesn't always work, but at least I was able tow watch all the "Bowls" for the first time in ESPN International and ESPN Latinamerica!

mddubya

Hybrid convert
Nov 6, 2007
A lot of the sloppy play can be attributed to the long lay off for both teams. I mean, seriously, how long has it been since Bama played a game, LSU too for that matter, and they played in the SEC Title game. It is crazy how late they are dragging these games out. I think in a few years, at this rate, the BCS Game will be in Feb. or March at this rate. A team can't go that long between games and it not effect their play.

Having said all that and being an admitted SEC fan, why in the world Les Miles didn't pull Jefferson and at least give Lee a try is beyond me. It was obvious Jefferson didn't have it last night. It almost looked like he was throwing the game? Maybe he knows he'll never make it in the pros and bet/took, a ton of money to throw the game.

shep3470

Apr 5, 2009
Omaha, NE

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
Following the loss to Alabama last night, the quiet residential nieghborhood surrounding the university has fallen victim to an ongoing rampage being carried out by angry LSU football players. Front lawns have been torn up, and trees have been toilet papered. "Its chaos" says one homeowner.

Police say if you want to keep the LSU Tigers off of your front lawn, paint it to look like an end-zone.

SilverUberXeno

El Tigre Blanco
Jul 26, 2005
Following the loss to Alabama last night, the quiet residential nieghborhood surrounding the university has fallen victim to an ongoing rampage being carried out by angry LSU football players. Front lawns have been torn up, and trees have been toilet papered. "Its chaos" says one homeowner.

Police say if you want to keep the LSU Tigers off of your front lawn, paint it to look like an end-zone.

HILARIOUS.

I think you're all being harsh. 'Bama's defense is absurd. Everywhere LSU tried to go, 'Bama had a horde of defenders closing in. Any offense would look impotent against that defense, and every offense that played against 'Bama DID look impotent this year. Averaged less than 200yds allowed per game? Averaged less than 10 pts allowed per game? Come on.

I'd love to see some of these teams you guys are suggesting go up against Bama. Would be quite a reality check for them. I do think NCAA Football should have a playoffs-style finale, but I do not doubt that Bama's defense would've suffocated any team they came across.

OP
warbirdlover

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
Well, they obvious both had outstanding defenses but LESS then outstanding offenses. So what do they do? REPEATEDLY run the ball right into the strength of the defense. Over and over and over again. Fourth down and 1/2 yard to go. Yup. Right up the middle for no gain. Have you ever seen a team run the ball outside without at least gaining 1/2 yard? And these two quarterbacks couldn't play for Wautoma High School!! Neither could their receivers. These are NOT the two best teams in the country. You have to have talent on both sides of the ball IMHO.

shep3470

Apr 5, 2009
Omaha, NE
Well, they obvious both had outstanding defenses but LESS then outstanding offenses. So what do they do? REPEATEDLY run the ball right into the strength of the defense. Over and over and over again. Fourth down and 1/2 yard to go. Yup. Right up the middle for no gain. Have you ever seen a team run the ball outside without at least gaining 1/2 yard? And these two quarterbacks couldn't play for Wautoma High School!! Neither could their receivers. These are NOT the two best teams in the country. You have to have talent on both sides of the ball IMHO.

I will give you that LSU's offense didn't do crap. Less than 100 yards and 0 points. That is why a lot of people are asking Les Miles why he did not put Lee in at QB. But Alabama's gives up less that 200 yards and 9 points/game.

Bama put up 21 points and 380 yards of offense on a LSU defense that gives up 10.5 points/game and 252 yards/game. Sounds to me like Alabama had a pretty good day on offense. Just beacuse these teams weren't running plays every 15 seconds like Oregon or throwing it 50 times like Oklahoma State, doesn't make them worse. Ask any college football coach if they would take almost 400 yards of offense and 21 points agains the #2 defense in the country I think most would say HELL YEAH!! It should also be noted that if you didn't watch the game, Alabama's #1 reciever and kick returner went out early in the game with a hamstring injury.

SilverUberXeno

El Tigre Blanco
Jul 26, 2005
It should also be noted that if you didn't watch the game, Alabama's #1 reciever and kick returner went out early in the game with a hamstring injury.

felt so bad for the kid. He was taking that one to the house.

Also agree with everything else you said. Really easy to make these claims that team x would beat Bama. I highly disagree. No one in the country has a better defense than LSU except for Bama, and they still got almost 400 yards in the game. Against a team that relies on offense, Bama would probably score like crazy and still stifle the opposing teams efforts to do the same.

Bama is really good. Are they better than all of these other teams? I think so. Will we ever "know?" Nope. I'm okay with that.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.