• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

What a shot!

IrishGolfer

Fac ut gaudeam
Supporting Member
Sep 1, 2004
As some of you know I have been looking after our club's junior golf team for the last few years, this is my final year. Our big tournament every year is a 5-man team regional knock-out. It is U18 boys, matches played all flat (no handicaps). I have a young squad this year, with handicaps of 2, 4, 10, 12 and 13. We were never going to win the championship, but I'd hoped we would make some progress through the bracket. Our first-round tie was against one of the favorites. Their team indices were +3, 1, 3, 5 and 6. When you put them down side to side with my team, you can see that it was boys v. giants.

Long and short is that we lost 3-2 but we fought like gladiators. The decisive match finished even and went to the 20th tie hole, our man (15-year-old boy), playing off 12 performing like a seasoned campaigner and was very unlucky to drive into a deep divot in the middle of the fairway.

But the highlight was our #1 player. He faced an international, who has represented GB&Ireland, playing off +3. I followed this match and it was a joy to watch, the golf was exceptional. The ball striking was as close to watching professional golf as you can imagine.

The match was all square on the last, a par 5 into a breeze. The international was about 15 feet in three when our guy played from about 85 yards. With a small gallery and under a lot of pressure, he HOLED out his pitch for an eagle to win the match!

What a scalp, to take on an International and play him with no shots and beat him was nothing short of extraordinary. I got his shot on video. Anyone want to see it?

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
That’s awesome!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
Man you can’t tease like that and disappear for 16 hours! I’d much rather see this video than a Bryson insta workout post!

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
And just to keep the trend going:

Is the Pope Catholic?

Louie_T07

Sep 19, 2008
Sarnia, ON
Country
Canada Canada
IG is this honestly even a question??? YES we wanna see it!! My question is why wasn’t this highlight reel stuff not posted with your original post???? Tisk tisk! LOL

POST IT POST IT POST IT

🔥 Latest posts