• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

What a way to arrive at the birthday party

Bravo

Aug 27, 2004
So I am going over to my friend's birthday party last night. His house is up on a hill, elevated about 60-70 feet from the street.

I drive up the driveway and there is no space at the top. I am too lazy to turn around and drive down forward. So I decide to back down a long drive around a big curve.

I am proud of my backing skills - yes I am.

I shoot down the drive, negotiating the curve with my rearview mirrors.

Apply the brakes at the bottom and now I am juuuust going to ease it out into the street.

Bloopmph....Ka - blunk...

Uh Oh.

I look in the rearview mirror on the drivers side. Nothing.

Same on the other side. (It's pitch black dark).

I get out.

The mailbox - replete with party balloons - is lying on its side in the yard.

So I park and hike my way up to the front door.

I am a little sheepish about admitting to my old buddy that I just knocked down the mailbox.

He wants to know if people will still be able to see the address as there are guests coming who have never been there before.

I said sure - If they are standing on the ground with a flashlight right above the mailbox...

Oh well....

Silver

I don't have a handicap.
Dec 5, 2004
smooth move, ex-lax

I did similar things a couple of times in my youth as well, back when I delivered Pizza for Pizza Hut...backed into a lamp post once (didn't see anything in either side mirror...forgot about the big mirror that shows what's right behind me - that was about a month after I got my first car

another time I backed all the way down a long drive by the school and went to turn out a bit early, not realizing that there was a big pillar protecting the electrical box...took out the pillar, missed the box...good job

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
HA!

And this was "before" the party?

Remind me not to let you drive in the fall. And remind me never to leave my golf bag behind the car... :p

R35

OP
Bravo

Bravo

Aug 27, 2004
rockford35 said:
HA!

And this was "before" the party?

Remind me not to let you drive in the fall. And remind me never to leave my golf bag behind the car... :p

R35

Yes it was before. I prelubricated liberally...

I am a big believer in prelubrication.

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
I'm like that before football games. It's cheaper. Although it's a dead giveway with two trips to the can before kickoff....or driving over the mailbox. :p

R35

S

spankdoggie

That is one of the things that really pisses me off as I get older... I am now 36, and my nighttime eye sight is really going down (still 20/20, no glasses yet, thank heavens)...

I heard about 15 years ago that a 40 year old male has 20 times less night vision than a 20 year old male.

I took pride in that when I was twenty, now it scares me. I am a damned ass good driver, but I can't see as well as the young bastards... not the teenagers, but those in their early twenties who have learned how to drive...

No problem, I am getting more horsepower with a header and pulley combo soon. :) ... so what... they see at night 20 times better than me, but I can still kick their ass, and I am older and wiser... ;)

🔥 Latest posts